• Jan 2011 Pre ’90 Special is Crantinope’s Kona Explosif

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feb 2011 is Sinnerman’s Dave Lloyd

• Mar 2011 ‘Born in the USA’ Special is Bushpig’s 1981/2 Cunningham Indian

• Apr 2011 is mr_ship’s 1994 Yeti ARC

• May 2011 ‘Made In Canada ‘eh’ Special is Woody’s 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

• June 2011 is chowi’s 1992 Gilles Berthoud (joint winner)

• June 2011is JustKev’s Yeti C-26 (joint winner)

• July 2011 ‘Euro Special’ is Sinnerman’s 1990 Zinn Z-753

• August 2011 is FMJ’s 1995 Brodie Sovereign (joint winner)

• August 2011 is spesh’s 1987 Muddy Fox Courier (joint winner)

• September 2011 ‘Neon Special’ is pete_mcc’s Klein Attitude Graffiti

• October 2011 is ameybrook’s 1994-5 Yeti ARC

• November 2011 ‘Made In Taiwan Special’ is makster’s 1987 Jamis Dakota Competition

• December 2011 is hollister's Ritchey Team Comp

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
chicken":g5bz0itd said:
For me it has to be the Zinn. Rare as rocking horse pooh. Yetis are 10 a penny

I must admit the Zinn is awesome. They look so much better in real life too - pictures just don't show how tasty they are. The Lloyd gets my vote for the paint as previously mentioned but my local shop owner BITD knew Dave Lloyd from his roadie background and championed his MTB's a fair bit. I therefore saw a Cats Wiskas pretty early on and would have loved a custom frame by him. They always looked like such lovely quality frames, and beautifully made and finished.

Is it possible to vote twice ?
I can't make a vote between Woody's Rocky Mountain and Bushpig's Cunnigham. I felt in love for both :D

Several bikes I really like there but when push came to shove the 'stand out' had to be the Brodie - aesthetically perfect :cool:

Irony alert : "If I had more mates there would have been 3 of my bikes on this lineup."

Oh come on.....

Just as much as every now and then a Pace will come along that blows everyone's perception of what the "ultimate" Pace can be out of the water - this happens all the time with other brands. I thought I'd seen the best Ritchey, Yeti, Cunningham, S-works etc. etc. etc. over the last 2 or 3 years but the bar just keeps getting raised.

But it's clear that there are certain subcategories within certain types of bikes that more people like. Deal with it. I've never voted for a Klein or a Yeti in BOTM as they just don't rock my boat and I can't see what the fuss is about. I've always voted for stuff that 1) gets used 2) either has real heritage or the owner has made a lot of effort with and 3) is a bit different. My taste is clearly different to that of many others - as my entries get few votes and the bikes I vote for seldom win.

So this time - the Muddy Fox!

I did like the Zinn - a lot. But 1) it took all the votes the month I entered my Dave Yates 8D (More irony!) and 2) I voted uncool for campag MTB kit on the cool wall.

semi-school":1gebfdy5 said:
Nice stuff, but for me, the winner is the one that I wanna throw a leg over and hammer until I've got nothing left.

I agree, took a while but my vote has been cast

Latest posts

Back