Puegeot Mirage Fixie

jskdog

Senior Retro Guru
Decided to try out a fixie build and here is the result, it's not the cleanest of bikes but it's great fun to ride!Absolutely love it!I still cannot find any information on this model the Mirage, im guessing it's a mid 80's machine?

Attachments

• newfixie.jpg
    newfixie.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,034
Thanks wildside,after going to London for a few days I saw so many fixie bikes I wanted see what all the fuss was about and now I totally get it they are so much fun to ride. I dont have the guts to take the front brake off!

i have picked up a obrien see pics in other thread but as i cant seem to get and info on it i am going to turn that into a single speed when i get a chance working on a mountain bike scratch build at the min from a carrerra vulcan frame which is now bright orange powder coat

It's illegal to take the front brake off :) Having ridden fixed for a good number of years in the 70's (lots of us had a fixed wheel training bike) the brake is a good safety net LOL

Shaun

I was tempted to turn my shorelinf trail into a single speed but really liked the idea of a fixie and now im hooked!If anyone is toying with the idea, Go for it you wont regret it. And hopefuly it will help with my triathlon training!

I mainly ride fixed but I couldn't do without my brakes. I've had front and rear brakes on all but one of mine, and use them a lot I should add.

I was tempted to keep the back brake on but really like how simple the bike looks, i know it would be safer but Im guessing with the front brake and the rear `brake` it should be safe enough.

Back