The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mat*46*":1nqxox5j said:
Hi,

I've just bought this bike for £85 posted but can't work out if it's good value or not.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Colnago made some nice MTB framesets but that is not one of them. Looks like a run of the mill asian frame with fancy paint.
85 posted sounds like a fair price but you probably won't come out ahead if you sell it. The components on it are pure rubbish.

Mint Sauce T-Shirt, What's It Worth??

Just remembered after seeing all the threads selling old MBUK's and mint sauce stuff that I got a Mint Sauce tee back in about 1997 for getting my letter printed in the mag. Took it to Bike 99 (I think) and got it signed by a few downhillers and wondered what kind of interest it would get on here, can get pics if people want?

Not sure I want to sell it as it's my pride and joy but it would be nice to know if it would gain any interest. I do remember getting it signed by Jo Burt who was quite surprised to see one at the time!

Any ideas on the following bits?:

- Minty Avid Ultimate Brakeset (complete f&r with levers)
- Minty Syncros Titanium seatpost uncut
- VVGC Spinergy Spox Wheelse (uncracked!)

GT Karrakoram

Its with a very heavy hart I`m going to have to let this go, so before I do what should I be asking for it posted.

All is now working just the back wheel in need of truing a bit. I got this from a mate, the bike was in a bit of a sorry state so I have clean it up replaced all the cables BB and bearing etc so it good to go now.

main.php

Just found a Joe Murray Project Two fork in the basement of a shop I'm helping clean out. It's new, never had a wheel in the dropouts or a headset threaded on. It's int eh standard colorway of black with white outlined decals and yellow Joe Murray signature sticker. It failed the trusty magnet test so definitely steel not Ti like I had hoped. Anyway anyone got a ballpark price on these?

Diamond Back Axis

Hello people,

First post so hello, please don't take the mick out of me.

I bought the above mentioned bike back in the summer with the intention of doing it up as a winter hack bike, it still had a few of the original XT parts on it and I thought I'd use up some of my spares bin cluter to get it rolling. Anyway to cut a long story short, I'm using one of my road bikes for commuting still. A friend (who is into MTB) mentioned the Axis deserves more than building up with odds and ends and considering the nice condition of the frame I thought I'd see if anyone here is interested or has an opinion on selling it and value.

I think it's 1992/3, 19" C-C (ST) 23" C-C (TT), paint is in very good condition black/blue camo style with yellow logos, all the threads are clean and there is no damage or rust anywhere.

Looks very similar to one built up by a member of this forum which can be found using the search facility and viewing the 2nd result that comes up titled DB Axis pro 1993 finished 01/03/11 (sorry can't add link as this is my first post)

Advice welcome

Thanks, Adam

CODA Tarantula Competition CNC Crankset

Could someone please give me a rough price on a set of mint (9.5/10) CODA Tarantula Competition Cranks? If it helps, they're coming on a bike which I'm buying (2000 Cannondale Raven 4000SL).

I hope someone can answer me as I've no idea how much these are worth. All I know is that they were horrendously expensive when they came out, and these are the top-of-the-line CNC machined, splined jobbies with the matching bottom bracket.

Pic below:

main.php

Re: CODA Tarantula Competition CNC Crankset

Barneyballbags":69n1ac6h said:
Could someone please give me a rough price on a set of mint (9.5/10) CODA Tarantula Competition Cranks?
I can't give you a price, but the pictured cranks aren't Tarantulas. Tarantula cranks were solid forged aluminium with a separate spider:

http://www.delfyn.cz/inzerat/coda.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155258

Decent cranks, but not all that valuable. There were square-taper and Octalink versions.

The cranks in your picture are Coda M900 ("Magic"), made from two machined shells glued together to make a hollow whole, with a special aluminium axle and external bearings. They tend to be worth a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back