Salsa Al La Carte - Jelly Bean - update 14/04/2013

stumpjumper1990":3fyzrpiu said:
That's a very clean build! Top job! I'm very impressed! Now go out there and get it dirty! ;)

Cheers,
Bart

Took it out and got it muddy today on the west midlands ride in Leckhampton.

Pretty good test of a newly built bike (maybe I should have done a shack doen ride first :roll:)

Hand the only mechanical of the day - snapped chain caused by a free hub that wasn't keen on coasting........ spent the rest of the ride pedalling everywhere to make sure that the sprockets didn't overtake the chainrings. Fixed now with some GT85 which has got ride of whatever was gunking that up. (I dare say Dave will be along with a the only pic of my bike for the day - being repaired!)

150mm stems are 'interesting' on steep rocky rooty single track :D

the retro bike community deserves to see more pics...........New years thread bump.. :cool:

Thanks chaps - I've just go a red label flight for it and some scott mathauser brake pads, also in the process of servicing the forks and it'll be back on the road :)

Re: Salsa Al La Carte - Jelly Bean

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I'm always interested in all things Salsa.
Fantastically beautiful bike, with a great period build. Love it.
I too own an A La Carte which I bought new in Spring '91.
The frame number is SM517 so if yours has a number similar to that I guess you can be sure it's a 1991.
Mine is a Rasta flag paint job. Just around where all the tubes meet, not all over. It's a bit unusual.
It's been my best friend for over 20 years. I could write a book about the adventures we've had together !
Currently it's a single speed off road pain machine, but it helps keep me in shape!

Ride and Smile, as they say !

Latest posts

Back