1st Aid Courses

Radar":2qazsvvn said:
If anyone in the Dark Peak ever wishes to help us (that's Kinder Mountain Rescue Team) out with first aid and would like to be a casualty for the day let me know - it'd be much appreciated.

I'll bear that in mind....been crawling over/under (caving) and cycling all over your patch for nearly 20 years....you guys do brilliant work :D :D

I did my 1st aid course through work. Had to use it a few times but luckily nothing too bad so far, unlike the guys I was doing the course with. A fork truck skewering a guy through the ankle springs to mind :shock:
The first aid instructor was asked about children's first aid but said it was a different course as i was doing a first aid at work course!!! A few months later my Martial Arts instructor ran a Sports First Aid course :D
Tap in first aid courses into Google and you'll find info on one near you.
If you can, do it, you never know when you may need it.

Kit

We all carry a puncture repair kit, I am going to carry a basic first aid kit also.

A sling would of helped me on the day! It seemed like a long walk out of Thetford holding my arm still!!

Found my XSL an easy route back onto the tracks.

;)

Re: Kit

Beaker":kass5vy6 said:
We all carry a puncture repair kit, I am going to carry a basic first aid kit also. ;)

I can't believe you guys don't carry 1st aid kits anyway... :shock: I guess I do cos I came into this via stuff like Caving, Climbing and you do neither of these things without one.

Beaker, I heard about your stack....glad you are all mended now dude :D

Re: Kit

Beaker":1plwup9n said:
A sling would of helped me on the day! ;)
If there's no sling available, you can always use an innertube, tied to suit the length behind your neck ;)

Back