92' GT Zaskar

Mr Duke":3gp3et7i said:
Thanks guys - yes it's coming on and looking good! Gotta love the old Zaskars - I still miss my last one!

GM - thanks for the top knowledge! This all makes a bit more sense now as when it arrived I remember spotting a "92" on the serial but not giving it much more thought. You clearly know your onions! By this then it's either a 92 or 93 like you said :)

Does that also mean I could change the decals? (if it does Im glad, as I prefer the look of the later ones).

Im liking your daughters bike - are they the correct decals then for that year?

Cheers. Oh here's an old dig out of me on the last one!

What a great picture!! Love to see the old film prints made digital and shared with everyone else, brings it all to life much better than the pro pics.

Behind schedule..

Any new from GM or other on what decals I can upgrade to then? I've still not written the serial number for you all - next time!

It got the grips, cable and brake treatment the other night. Need to strip and rebuild the rear wheel and have a look at the jockey's on the rear mech. I think that's it then!!:)

Attachments

• Cables n Brakes.JPG
    Cables n Brakes.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,094
Great stuff :cool:

With it being an early U-brake frame i'd go for the early decals.

Need to be big and bold though, not like the tiny ones you have on it at the moment.

(My frame's a 94 BTW but i prefer the early decals)

newcranks.jpg

That looks niccee - I like the gold Bomber touch. What a great fork and the colour disguises them well - I had to double take!

Agreed - they are bit on the tiny side. I've just PM'd Gil.. :cool:

Hoping to get a bit more time on it next couple of weeks and get this back wheel done. Got the Manchester jumble to get ready for too :D

That looks niccee - I like the gold Bomber touch. What a great fork and the colour disguises them well - I had to double take!

Agreed - they are bit on the tiny side. I've just PM'd Gil.. :cool:

Hoping to get a bit more time on it next couple of weeks and get this back wheel done. Got the Manchester jumble to get ready for too :D

Still behind..

Made the time to cut out the old rear wheel and strip/service the hub. Came off quite well as I was unsure about exactly how it would end up.

The cups needed a bit of wirewooling, freehub body is still fine :) and I managed to replace one of the cones for new while keeping the spacing right for the old style rubber seal. New 1/4" balls and a bag load of grease and its nearly as good as new. Now all I need are some 264/266mm to lace it back up...

Attachments

• hubnrim.JPG
    hubnrim.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 243

Latest posts

Back