OVERBURYS.

Heres mine its a bit muddy but I'm sure you get the black & silver theme with a hint of blue ;)

Picture068.jpg

Ps
I think you should keep it as original as possible, paint & components.

The blue one sinnerman posted looks great. Colour anyway, not sure on that sloping saddle angle that the internet seems to be so fond of.

The original paint has a certain charm, you wouldn't get a colour scheme like that nowadays.

Sinnerman, got to keep it two tone or paint it two tone. Its the classic for the Overbury 88-89 bikes. looks sooo cool on that. my one I did that mid blue colour which was good but I wished I did it white and blue.

ditch the flex stem, put a rolls or turbo saddle on it. Give it a strip and rebuild. proper nice bike!!

Good pressie by the way.

kaya":1bqw38de said:
Heres mine its a bit muddy but I'm sure you get the black & silver theme with a hint of blue ;)

Ps
I think you should keep it as original as possible, paint & components.

Class pic mate it looks like it has just finished the MAN V HORSE V BIKE :shock:

As for mine i am totally unsure what to do.. :?

Rod_Saetan":2k5okzmv said:
what he said, doesn't really need repainting imho either, just a bit of tweaking and a good overhaul.

Mate i cant really leave it like it is, as the years roll on it will just deteriorate.. :cry:

It really is in very good overall rideable condition, a tube and a tune up, and it would be a perfectly good rider.
To be fair, for what it cost, im quite impressed, the forks arent bent, which was this models achilles heal, the frame has surface corrosion, but not life threatening.

the trouble is if it looks like a shed, i would treat it like one... :oops: , if i put a bit of time and effort to it, it would get a lot more pleasure and enjoyment from it.... :D and it was a present to keep... :cool:

Attachments

• PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.JPG
    PRETTY GOOD SHAPE.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • SURFACE CORROSION.JPG
    SURFACE CORROSION.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,279
  • 22 YEARS OLD.JPG
    22 YEARS OLD.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,278
  • BENT BRAKES, BENT BARS, RUSTY RUSTY..JPG
    BENT BRAKES, BENT BARS, RUSTY RUSTY..JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,279
biglev":36t5w581 said:
Sinnerman, got to keep it two tone or paint it two tone. Its the classic for the Overbury 88-89 bikes. looks sooo cool on that. my one I did that mid blue colour which was good but I wished I did it white and blue.

ditch the flex stem, put a rolls or turbo saddle on it. Give it a strip and rebuild. proper nice bike!!

Good pressie by the way.

Thanks for the encouragement mate, the rolls saddle has been chosen, it had to be a rolls for this build.... :cool: i think im going to remove the flexstem, its too short and pretty buggered, and i just dont see the value in refinishing it and rebuilding it.

I am surprised just how much shorter in the top tube it is, in comparison to my other English frames, hence why i felt it would be a great option to run Drop handlebars...?

Attachments

• SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO.JPG
    SHOULD IT STAY OR SHOULD IT GO.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,255
Theres 'patina' and then theres tired buggered paintwork!

These are not fast XC bikes, they are almost trials speed with high BB and short tubes, its slow twisty technical stuff all the way.

Not sure when I'm going to next ride mine but I think a period riser bar is in order just to see how it behaves.

sinnerman":n94azm73 said:
Mate i cant really leave it like it is, as the years roll on it will just deteriorate.. :cry:

It really is in very good overall rideable condition, a tube and a tune up, and it would be a perfectly good rider.
To be fair, for what it cost, im quite impressed, the forks arent bent, which was this models achilles heal, the frame has surface corrosion, but not life threatening.

It looks pretty rough on the top tube, and the stays, but I would keep it as it is, I reckon there is something to be said for original paintwork and its only going to get scratched if you repaint it and ride it anyway. I'm sure whatever you decide you will be as thorough as usual and it will turn out great anyway.

Why the hand wringing?

It'll get stripped, polished, painted, pampered and God knows what just like the rest of your bikes; I'm sure you only do it to show up the rest of us! :LOL:

I do like the original paint though, sets it apart from some of the others which can look a little on the drab side of understated?

Thought it before from the pix of your bikes; I'm loving the view from your decking... :cool:

PS: I need a 'Green with Envy' emoticon!

Back