95,96 & 97 Kona Custom colour schemes/paint jobs

Gravy Monster":1hdhrq7l said:
Monkeeee01":1hdhrq7l said:
The Gulf Kilauea was done at Grahpic Shack HEREwho also did the custom decals in these colours and did the GULF style Kona head badge, Garry is your man there, They dont advertise this but I can strongly recommend them on attention to detail along with a stunning finish, Have you seen sinnermans bikes ? he has had many bespoke paint jobs done. I simply said what I would like to recreate using the exact coloursaong with some exapmles (97 kona catalogue pics), they even did the black pinstripe outers to really finish it off. oh... and I wanted the rear bridges done in orange to break the back end up a bit ;)

so are you saying the orange flames are decals not painted?

magas":vm1i5tmh said:
yellow 95 Kilauea - no repaint here, some special factory paint schema (not confirmed, so far)

SNC00072.jpg

awesome colour!

Monkeeee01":1p4hpmze said:
so are you saying the orange flames are decals not painted?

Frame is painted but the Kona decals were colour matched , Race light changed to White and the head badge was created from scratch ;)

I guess you've seen my Lava Dome before as it was a candidate on November BOTM.

In fact I copied the colour from a Hot for sale here in RB.

Attachments

• lavadome.jpg
    lavadome.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 1,163
man I´ve been looking for this thread past few days!
scoured through the other kona thread and appears this was a stock paint?

kona_hot_1_208.jpg

looks bloody nice, think there was another one posted, sure looks custom like though!

roblobster":391t3sc6 said:
man I´ve been looking for this thread past few days!
scoured through the other kona thread and appears this was a stock paint?

kona_hot_1_208.jpg

looks bloody nice, think there was another one posted, sure looks custom like though!

Yeah but its still a hot so its a "Kona Custom" - isn't it?

Ok so its not 95 - 97 but its one of the last Hot's ever made and incredibly unique in many ways but particularly the paint job.

Can't believe it just 72 hrs ago I was commenting that "one day" I hope to be lucky enough to get my hands on a Hot and now I am the proud owner.

Thank you to Matt - you are a legend.

Going to take my time building this one and only put the absolute best parts on it.

I just can't decide what forks would suit the colour scheme best - I am even thinking about taking the frame to a painters and getting them to colour match the paint and get some forks replayed to match - what do people think?

hotn.jpg
[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

roblobster

she is Original kona paint, and 1 off 1.

alas she does not get used anymore and hangs in dads Garage rafters.

this was her last rebuild for Cambridge to London 2010.

Doug

Attachments

• SDC10769.JPG
    SDC10769.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,058
  • SDC10770.JPG
    SDC10770.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,058
Back