National Series 2012 dates?

any123":1yz4bplx said:
Rob Atkin":1yz4bplx said:
any123":1yz4bplx said:
I can't find a campsite open in feb devastated, oh well farmland it is then.

Hopefully will have my new Klein project with me.

thanks andy

Hope to make it to this one, be great to see you Andy, great memories of you riding (and "commenting" on the rockiness) on the Peaks ride last year. :)

I wonder if it'll be my Rocky Mountains first ride out??

We don't talk about the peaks due to therapy.

I'm not sure the therapist would advise a trip to the lakes then. ;-)

grd":11o90npr said:
There's a good Caravan Club site just outside Coniston by the lake with showers, hook ups etc. which is open to none members and I think accepts tents. You can get RV's into it as well. It's about a mile ride along the lakeside path to the Blue Bird Cafe. Stayed there last year and had a couple of really good meals in the cafe in the evening when it becomes a proper restuarant.

I assume you're talking about Park Coppice, most the Caravan or Campsites are shut down for the winter. A lot do it as there is no point being open, others as they use it as their enforced shut down period.
I know a long time ago, when Grizedale had a shed and a few tracks we stayed their and I took my sailing dingy.
Not sure if you can still take and use your boats from Park Coppice. (I'm talking retro years).

Most will reopen around Easter.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclu ... csid=21956
Looks like you can still launch, but not open till end of Easter (even if the right side seems to imply it is)
There was a place on the east side though, might be related to Bank Ground Farm (nice place to stay btw)

There are many good bunk houses and holiday cottages available in the area which at that time of year will be empty and reasonably priced. Why not make a weekend of it, club together, chip in and slum it in style? Couple of bottles of cognac around a log fire talking bikes after a long ride is quite cool! I'll cook if you like (my pasta is the finest in the North!)

Si

good news: coniston is just 14miles from my girlfriends house in ulverston

bad news: wont be on a retro bike for this one :cry:

will book it in diary regardless, desperate to get out with you guys, its been awhile.

Dr S":2wgupt5a said:
There are many good bunk houses and holiday cottages available in the area which at that time of year will be empty and reasonably priced. Why not make a weekend of it, club together, chip in and slum it in style? Couple of bottles of cognac around a log fire talking bikes after a long ride is quite cool! I'll cook if you like (my pasta is the finest in the North!)

Si

That sounds good. I might be up for that (maybe only Friday night though, possibly Sat as well but depends on cost) as Rob does not stay in tents, especially in the Lakes in Feb....

Winnebagos and bunkhouses aside the main National Series thread has been updated to include ics files. Simply click the rounds date to download the ics file to your PC or phone where you can add it to your calendar application. I hope.

John":27vp4eq0 said:
Winnebagos and bunkhouses aside the main National Series thread has been updated to include ics files. Simply click the rounds date to download the ics file to your PC or phone where you can add it to your calendar application. I hope.

Nope, Lost me at ics. In simpleton terms, whatcha talking about guv?

Edit: Ok, tried your black magic voodoo ics thing by clicking on the date. It opened another page then gave the message 'Download Failed. Safari cannot open this file'.

I'm on an Iphone if that makes any difference?

Announcement thread for round one will go up this weekend. Most of the crucial details have already been leaked in this thread though (for those of you wanting a head-start with your planning).

PM me if you need any further details.

Back