Show us yer FSR's

can anyone help with front mech issues on a 99 FSR elite? need to know which ones actually fit without causing chain clearance/cable bolt clamp clearance issues......

please somebody help, its literally the only thing between me and getting this bike out on the dirt tracks!!!!

:(

twain":1buopd86 said:
can anyone help with front mech issues on a 99 FSR elite? need to know which ones actually fit without causing chain clearance/cable bolt clamp clearance issues......

please somebody help, its literally the only thing between me and getting this bike out on the dirt tracks!!!!

:(

i don't honestly think there is an easy way of fitting one.
i found a regular high band wouldn't fit as there wasn't enough tube length.

and the low band ones are just plain painful/annoying to fit.

the way i set mine up was to set the limit screw so it's set to the middle ring, set the shifter to the middle ring then clamp the cable and set the tension.

took a few attempts to get it right, but got there in the end.

yeah, looked at getting that done over the weekend, but thought i'd look to see if there was one that fitted! how'd they fit it from the factory then? what on earth were they thinking!

twain":1ypmx58u said:
yeah, looked at getting that done over the weekend, but thought i'd look to see if there was one that fitted! how'd they fit it from the factory then? what on earth were they thinking!

i think that is half the problem, they really don't think.

Hehe, having the same problem on my FSR, a Extreme from 98. But maybe a smaller screw on the FD will make it fit.

fsr4.jpg

fsrUW.jpg

does seem to be a massive design flaw.
wouldn't you have hated to be a builder of these in the specialsed factory back in the day. i can still hear the F'ing and Blinding now. :LOL:

Khane":1ukosiet said:
wouldn't you have hated to be a builder of these in the specialsed factory back in the day. i can still hear the F'ing and Blinding now. :LOL:
maybe the bolt was better positioned on 98 front mech

bigmick":1871zj0z said:
Khane":1871zj0z said:
maybe the bolt was better positioned on 98 front mech

pretty sure the design of low clamp front mechs hasn't changed since they were introduced.

Back