SWMBO's Stumphopper/Rockjumper?? Cr*p photo update 26.02.13

We_are_Stevo":1sf016ex said:
I've actually decalled it up but the frame is now in the shed awaiting assembly and I don't have a photo' of it with them on yet.

So that's your shed? Nice workbench.

:LOL:

I'm just not so sure about the whole pink vs blue thing you have going on with that decal.
Was that an original combination BITD? I only seem to remember that decal on the black ones.

Never mind the purists. I'd accept their rejections if it were a very rare bike, but Rockhoppers are common enough. At least in my area.

Weirdly enough, it's the Hardrocks you just don't see around here anymore. In the late 90s - early 00s, you couldn't cross the street without being run over by at least 3 of those.

I was actually in two minds about applying the blue decal myself, and if I was using an alloy seatpost and a light-coloured fork I probably wouldn't have; however I think the final colour scheme will pull it all together - I'm afraid it's all going to be very 'gurly' ;)

Another reason I used it was, as this frame is a diddy 15" c - t, I had to drill out one of the bottle cage mounts so that I could fit the bouncy USE seatpost and the decal covers the hole nicely (and rather conveniently...) :oops:

...and if I remember rightly the fork came from 'wadsy' so I hope he approves (I swapped the polished brace over from my BAMs) :)

Okay... :oops:

Quick pic update: fork, stem and bars, seat post and BB fitted; and tried the wheelset to get some idea of how it's going to pan out...

GEDC0215.jpg

...I make no excuses for this, it's her bike and she can have it how she wants it!

Note to self: ask the Guv'nor if we can have a 'Readers' Wives' BoTM, as it were... ;)

Back