Koga Full Pro

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've got this in stock (someone looking at it tonight). It's just in such good condition I feel a need to share it. This is without a word of a lie the best condition used bike I have ever dealt with. Stunning and if it was 6cm smaller would have most definitely have remained mine.

P1130327.jpg

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ull%20Pro/

Just the dodgy bar set up and odd tyres ruin the look of the bike but obviously easily changed....

Very nice Tel

One year younger than the one I posted a couple weeks ago. In about the same condition also. What is it with the Kogas? People spent the money on them and didn't ride them? Parking them 20 years away for us. Or don't Kogas wear as quickly as others do? Anyway, good for us.

STIs are a comfortable upgrade, but appeared a year later. Stem looks comfortable too, but personally I would replace it.

very nice! I'd lose the stem too. A bit to bulky... Paint looks perfect!

I am actually interested in the one that came out a year later, exept the low resolution in the online catalogues difficult to find information or better pictures of that one....first steel fullpro with alfex fork I think...any better information (geometrie also)? regards -seb.

i would like to know the relation of top-tube lenghts to the frame-heights and if the alloy fork was reliable for example and if there were any frame-detail changes in regard to the model from 1990 (except colour)...this one:

Attachments

• Bild 10.png
    Bild 10.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,406
1991 model. A couple years younger than Tel's.

Under this link you find the 1990 Miyata US catalog. There is a chart with geometry details for the Team Miyata. I am quite sure the frames are the same.

I do not know stories on the bonded aluminum road fork being unsafe. Of Miyata's bonded MTB fork I can say it is bombproof. Years of abuse made me conclude that.

Hmm...but around that time the geometries changed from the short top-tubes to the longer ones...a pity the Koga catalogues did not mention the geometries every year....anybody here riding a fullpro from this year?

You're right. I do have the component spec and geometry catalogue for the 1993MY and it mentions a longer toptube than for the 1990MY. When did the transition happen?

A while ago I offered a Tulip computers frame. I did measure both seattube and toptube. I think it is from 1991, however there is a chance it has a custom geometry. The specs correspond with the 1993MY. For the 59cm frame the toptube is 570mm.

From 1993 catalogue:
50-525
52-535
54-550
55-550
56-565
57-565
58-570
59-570
60-585
63-600

....yes, i saw the pictures of that beautiful ( great fork!) tulip-frame I think, though might be different from the series(?)...I am, as you elev12k, a great fan of Koga since my early youth when I couldn't afford any of them, have now a full pro ( not "L") from 81 and ride daily on the grandtour from (have to check) 86 ... for me the best in cycling even if there is more fancy stuff around...will travel to Amsterdam in a few weeks, always nice to see some of them on the road there....if I ever get a chance to see or buy a 91' I will measure it then and post some pictures if of any interest here.....

Back