National Series 2012 dates?

If you want to stay at a youth hostel by Coniston then forget it, all closed for season on 25th. Ambleside by Windermere is the nearest thats open but its quite good, that'll probably be my choice as camping in February in NW England is for the hardcore only :shock:

I will be living it up for the weekend and living it large in the winnabago. Always wanted to ride my bike over walna scar.

thanks andy

I think going over Walna Scar would put a few people off riding...sorry pushing, for life :LOL: Its a loooooong climb but rewarded with a great technical descent down t'other side to Coniston although doing it rigid with cantis would be interesting.

Stopping for a rest on the way up...
P1020626.jpg

velomaniac":3muls7o5 said:
If you want to stay at a youth hostel by Coniston then forget it, all closed for season on 25th. Ambleside by Windermere is the nearest thats open but its quite good, that'll probably be my choice as camping in February in NW England is for the hardcore only :shock:

Coniston Holly How YHA is open at that time of year, I've just checked availability though and there's currently nothing on the night of the 25th.
Beds available on Friday 24th though for anyone planning to stay there the night before the ride.

I'd get in early with your booking though.

There's also Hawkshead YHA not far away with good availability at the moment. As you can see from the map it's not far from Coniston at all.

In fact there are plenty of other YHA options in the area: --> http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodatio ... index.aspx

Cracking route and very much looking forward to it. Always saddened to visit Coniston these days knowing that Bluebird isn't resting under its waters. I'll take a quiet moment to reflect whilst I'm there I suppose.

I can't find a campsite open in feb devastated, oh well farmland it is then.

Hopefully will have my new Klein project with me.

thanks andy

any123":1yrjfpbz said:

thanks andy

Hope to make it to this one, be great to see you Andy, great memories of you riding (and "commenting" on the rockiness) on the Peaks ride last year. :)

I wonder if it'll be my Rocky Mountains first ride out??

Rob Atkin":2tvbie47 said:
any123":2tvbie47 said:

thanks andy

Hope to make it to this one, be great to see you Andy, great memories of you riding (and "commenting" on the rockiness) on the Peaks ride last year. :)

I wonder if it'll be my Rocky Mountains first ride out??

We don't talk about the peaks due to therapy.

There's a good Caravan Club site just outside Coniston by the lake with showers, hook ups etc. which is open to none members and I think accepts tents. You can get RV's into it as well. It's about a mile ride along the lakeside path to the Blue Bird Cafe. Stayed there last year and had a couple of really good meals in the cafe in the evening when it becomes a proper restuarant.

Back