Cannondale super v Raven 3000 SL

Eddie_The_Head":1eqedmbn said:
P20":1eqedmbn said:
Yeah i miss mine. It didn't have disc tabs on the forks, or else i may have kept it a bit longer. My frame failed at the seat tower, the spine parting company with the carbon :shock: Its replacement was fine.
Nice bike :cool:
Thanks for the compliment damn shame you had so much trouble with yours :cry: i have heard a lot of horror stories with the MKII's but never with the MKI :? .

both of mine failed at the same place too :(
called it quits in the end and bought an sts

Helloween":ysjwo4bh said:
Now that's what i call a bike sexy as hell and all the lines in the right places nice one dude :LOL:

Thanks a lot i love the old Cannondale bike along with GT always though both companies led the way in mtb's (personal opinion no offence intended) :LOL:

Ivor the engine":pbtq9ilt said:
You don't see many of these now and rare to see one in such good condition if you ever want to sell it let me know i love it. :LOL:
Not for a while yet matey but if i do i will give you a pm. :D

Ivor the engine":qgamqa4b said:
You don't see many of these now and rare to see one in such good condition if you ever want to sell it let me know i love it. :LOL:

thats cause most of them had the bottom brackets fall off. To fix this issue cannondale gave the people who bought them glue to put inside the frame. you had to hang the frame in 4 different positions over the course of four days so the glue reached all areas. I've always loved them though.. Especially the early ones like this one, the more curved later ones never did it for me. Also Love the Yellow and black it really capture that 2 year span!

Looks great Ed, love the colour scheme! How much does it weigh? Are they Cannondale rims or just stickers?

Will it be ridden in anger much? What sort of riding?

jimihendrix":3qnfqrkb said:
Very nice indeed :cool: , when i looked at the first pic i thought, OH NOOOOOO! yellow wall tyres :shock: , but as i looked at the other pics the more i discovered that they look great on it, nice ballance of yellow and carbon ;)

Thanks a lot for that i was not 100% sure if to go with the yellow look as yellow does make me feel a little odd on bikes :? .As i started to throw it together it started to look very nice and the finishing item was the yellow wall tyres.It's about finished now and i am very happy with the look but no more yellow items for it now deffo has enough :LOL: ;)

ashes_mtb":1jsh8d5h said:
Looks great Ed, love the colour scheme! How much does it weigh? Are they Cannondale rims or just stickers?

Thanks ash not sure of the weight not heavy at all though will let you know later the rims are Mavic's with Cannondale decals on "would have been cool if they did have Cannondale coda rims though"

Not too much riding in anger i should'nt think nice to take it out though and see younger riders faces that have never seen one before always makes me proud Ed. ;) :cool:

Dhphat":3nmspdvz said:
Ivor the engine":3nmspdvz said:

thats cause most of them had the bottom brackets fall off. To fix this issue cannondale gave the people who bought them glue to put inside the frame. you had to hang the frame in 4 different positions over the course of four days so the glue reached all areas. I've always loved them though.. Especially the early ones like this one, the more curved later ones never did it for me. Also Love the Yellow and black it really capture that 2 year span!
So was that the problem with the mkII Raven as i always hear nightmares about them ??????

Eddie_The_Head":3qz591d0 said:
ashes_mtb":3qz591d0 said:

Thanks ash not sure of the weight not heavy at all though will let you know later the rims are Mavic's with Cannondale decals on "would have been cool if they did have Cannondale coda rims though"

Not too much riding in anger i should'nt think nice to take it out though and see younger riders faces that have never seen one before always makes me proud Ed. ;) :cool:

Reminds me of the big crash I had on the STS last year. I was lying on the ground unable to walk with a group of mtbers around seeing if I was ok. All of a sudden someone says "Oi, have a look at this", and suddenly the GT is getting all the attention!! Despite all the pain, I couldn't help but smile.

I miss it already!!! lol

Back