Recommendations for the best MTB SPD shoes

If you want a decent quality pair at a decent price then search on eBay for Diadora. There is an eBay shop does them brand new for about £30 which is a huge saving.

Sidi are quality for xc/racing, quite a small/ narrow fit though, my old sidi Dominators lasted years.
I wasn't impressed by the Look shoes I had, not the easiest to clip in and fell apart too quickly.
I currently have Spesh BG Comp shoes which are good, very comfy and clip in easily, only downsides are lack of studs/grip in thick mud, and they are made with very thin mesh material which is cool in summer but chilly on the feet otherwise, I invested in some Sealskinz socks for winter .

you want to be recommended the best mtb shoes for xc = sidi

had shimano shoes, they lasted a couple of years. i dont like anything from specialized. i find whatever it is i buy from spesh looks nice but doesnt last very long. im now on my second pair of sidi dominators. the first pair lasted through 8/9 years of riding, had my second pair for 2 years and they are still perfect. i know they are expensive but you get what you pay for, well worth it.

I got some Time shoes (mxc I think) from planet x in their sale for not very much money - £40 instead of £90 I think. I can't really fault them, after the usual breaking in period of course.

Ive had 2 pairs of Specialized and 2 pairs of Sidi

At present Ive got one of each Spec & Si

One of the pairs of Sidi were indeed Dominators bloody good they were to.

If your doing more than just recreational riding get ones with a ratchet strap on them.

Back