Peugeot Vitus

Good stuff.

You do know that Modolo are Italian though don't you? Surely some Mafac sidepulls or Spidel brakes are in order and Atax bars and stem with an Ideale saddle perhaps.

I love retro French stuff....

That looks great, I have the same model but am currently changing it to singlespeed.

Are those the original (or original style) decals? Mine has lost all its decals, or I've removed the remains of them. The lugs polish up a treat don't they? I'm working my way around with Autosol and an old t-shirt just now, just got the fidly bits left.

oooh, it's all a compromise!..

using the peugeot vitus as ridden by the pro team as a reference....
I've had a quick look and I remember them using cinelli stem.bars
I've got phillips bar/stem but the bars are a bit narrow, etc....plus I do prefer cinelli 64-42's
didn't they use weinman brakes (it was kelly with the KAS team that used modolo on their vitus's [viti?])...

coudn't gind a matching hub for the rear...only ones I could find were french threaded....
Got some mavic hubs.....need to find some rims. I've got some Mavic E3(?) but are 36h not 32h as required....

hopefully be riding it in March in a 10mile TT.....

Mark

Attachments

• 710AF06C-610C-4A21-AF0D-BD6DA0BE16AD.jpg
    710AF06C-610C-4A21-AF0D-BD6DA0BE16AD.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 2,690
  • 1983fr_06.jpg
    1983fr_06.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 2,690
  • WeinCa2L.jpg
    WeinCa2L.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,690
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back