95,96 & 97 Kona Custom colour schemes/paint jobs

Monkeeee01

Retro Guru
Hi all,

All lot of us on here (me included) love the custom colour scheme's Kona offered on the 95-97 top end models such as Hot's & Ku's.

I know we have a Kona's page already but it would be great if people could post up pictures of there custom Kona's (originals and replicas) so we had them in one place.

I see from Jones post of his 96 Hot there was the Red colour of the AA on offer which I didn't know til I saw at his today,

There is the green flower scheme that you can see on the 96 catalogue on the Ku and of course the "stars and bars"

I also new someone who had his 96 Explosif painted by Kona in a lovely Mustard yellow back in the day and I also remember the original brochure had 4 example colours of the custom jobs.

So Please anyone with any custom jobs post up some pictures you have (or pictures you have of other peoples bikes lol)

Cheers

Gaz

Not great pictures but here's my '96 Hot
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

here mine :D Explosif 95 from black to gold..Still got this one ;)

I got it on ebay..it was originally metalic red..the guy i got it from worked for Rolls Royce and the black and flame was done at the factory..looked nice but the decals were bubbling under double laquer :roll:

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• photo 092.jpg
    photo 092.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 1,525
  • EXPLOSIF 4 008.jpg
    EXPLOSIF 4 008.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 1,525
next was a Lava dome that i got from Cannondale king :D

Frame sold

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• photo 107.jpg
    photo 107.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 1,521
next was a Cindercone 98..this was well battered originally "eggplant" colour..Rojo :cool: sourced this for me..got it sprayed powder coated."chrome laquer" :cool:

Frame sold to "Stinus" in Denmark

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• photo 079.jpg
    photo 079.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 1,518
next was a kilauea 96 sourced from ebay..it was originally jade green..well used..again got this powder coated orange..also if you look on the sale thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... auea+frame and with the help of Gil_m i did a 2 decal theme..

Frame sold to "pompeydave"

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• kilauea_003_118.jpg
    kilauea_003_118.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 1,510
next is Explosif 1999 purchased from Ratbane..just pimped the forks on this one with the help of Gil for decals :cool:

Still got this :D

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• explosif 3 002.jpg
    explosif 3 002.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 1,503
Back