Son you've got £800ish to spend on a full suss ideas please!

Yeah, Ive never been a big fan of Giant :) but they get rave reviews and are well specced/priced.
Seen a good review of a Canyon in MBR not long ago which also caught my interest.

Hmm some things to think on...although it all seems to come back to a Marin...Someone must need the pennies after xmas just a case of waiting I guess! Shame I'm impatient! Not been out for a month now and getting withdrawals!

Its winter though - thats what i put it down to haha.

Winter withdrawal its called, perfectly normal. no need to go doctors.

Very true winter throws up some challenges but there is a part of me that loves it when its wet and muddy harder work but more rewarding! I may be a sadist...the jurys out!

Should be able to get a 2004 or so Specialized Stumpy FSR for less. And upgrade with BETD rocker and a better shock.

Yeah keeping an eye on ebay and pinkbike, not tried bike radar tho...Went to my LBS yesterday who had a NOS Mount Vision 5.6 2009 in medium, which actually fit ok think large maybe better but there was loads left on the seatpost even at the right height for me. So I'm now decided on a Mount Vision 2009 ish just the bike shop wanted £1200 a bit rich for me. Seen a couple go on ebay for around £800 just need to find one not hundreds of miles away! I live down south near Southampton so anywhere within a couple of hours drive ok but the one i was interested in was in newcastle!....My budget could probably now stretch to £900 but very little more!

Basically you can either wait and see what 2009 Mount visions come up (it could be a very long wait), or you could shortlist a few other bike's you'd consider and check them as well. I was looking for a full suss in 2007 and set my heart of a Wolf ridge. I wanted one new, but in the sale. The cheapest I could get it was £1300 (from £1500), I decided to wait, shortlist a few other bikes, and in Feb or March 2008 ended up buying a Stumpjumper FSR Comp for £800 (from £1500) as the bike shop wanted shot of it. While I often think about the Marin, I don't regret the £500 I saved :D

Wise words mark....just the what if factor I was thinking of getting a winter hack just to see me through and wait until the right one comes along...but we'll see. Scouring ebay, pinkbike etc daily ever hopeful! I think the only other possible options would be an orange or specialized. Only just got my head around the Marin range of the last 5 years tho!

2008-10 Specialized FSR comp m5 or m4 xc.
This was my fsr totally miss it,
bikes3.jpg

bikes4.jpg

Back