A whole new world of confusion....

warpedboy2

Retrobike Rider
Some of you may know I have just got my first bouncy bike. Rode it at the twizzler and loved it :cool:

Now, being new to these sorts of mangle fangled air shock/ forks jiggery pokerey type stuff, it turns out I need to by a shock pump. (who'd have thunk it?).

The forks are RS SIDs (red, 100mm of travel, not sure of year) and the rear shock is a Fox Vanilla Float. Can anyone recommend me a good but not to expensive pump?

Excellent, thanks, still with me?

Disc brakes. How do you know which number calipers and which size rotors go with each other (I presume thats how these things work). Also, which Hopes would be period correct for 1999?

Thanks fellas

Warpers

Shock pump, I can recommend Halfords. The bike hut ones were the cheapest I could find at the time I bought mine.

Don't know about the brakes, sorry :)

so long as the shock pump is rated to the same pressures as the fork any will do, I use a wrench force shock pump

disc brakes, it's really only Hope who use a numbering system to denote which brake is which & then it's only on the old skool stuff

Modern disc brakes use an adaptor between the caliper & frame/fork mount to adapt the brake to the desired rotor/disc size

See Parktool for more info http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-hel ... adjustment

Back