1998 Explosif Reynolds 853

Anthony

Retrobike Rider
I’ve just bought this 853 Explosif in size 17. What I really want one day is a 97 Columbus Max Explosif, so if anyone has one they don’t really need, please let me know! But in the meantime, as this is my size, I thought I’d see what the 853 Explosif is like. I have an 853 Rock Lobster, now passed on to my son, and that’s as lively as anything but maybe this is a bit heavier than the Rock Lobster, so I’ll be interested to see how it rides.

Pretty soon it’ll have on it a red 98 Marzocchi Z2 BAM, which has been wasted in a cupboard for some while and will hopefully colour match the decals, as well as being a good fork. But first I'm afraid the paint needs some TLC. To be continued!

Attachments

• Explosif at dusk.jpg
    Explosif at dusk.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,175
I like that.

Important question is...

are you going to sell it to a relative (at a profit) then borrow it for retro rides?

:LOL:

Is that Shoreham behind?

Wu-Tangled":178dwa7w said:
I like that.

Important question is...

are you going to sell it to a relative (at a profit) then borrow it for retro rides?
:LOL:

Is that Shoreham behind?
‘Greater love hath no man than this, that he would lay down his Equipe for his girl friend.’

But no, surely no man has *that* much love, well not in this case anyways.

TheGreenRabbit is right, but it’s pretty much the same thing – alongside Hove Lagoon from the promenade.

Latest posts

Back