My first Restoration - Clockwork - Finished Pg4!!

looking really good matey,

with fresh powder, new decals & plenty of polished bits this should look absolutely brilliant.

liking the mavic lemons too, should finish it off nicely!

Thanks

After a bit of playing and scratching of head I've sussed out the rear wheel will need a bit of a redish. At first I thought it was the tyre that was slightly out of shape but it isn't :-(

Some XT loveliness arrived today. :D

59d230c9.jpg

coming along nicely... are you treating the frame to a re-finish or scrub & polish & fresh decals too?? that minor scruffiness on the decals seems to be the only bit letting it down at the moment!

edit: ignore me! fresh black powder & decals with these bits will make this a very tasty finished product.

out of curiosity, who are you sending the frame too as mine needs a re-finish (going black too incidentally) & i don't know who to use.

jax13":2fnpp9v5 said:
out of curiosity, who are you sending the frame too as mine needs a re-finish (going black too incidentally) & i don't know who to use.

I'm going to giving it to these guys as they're just down the road. www.banburypowdercoating.co.uk When i spoke to them on the phone they sounded like they had done a fair amount of bikes.

Update on build:

Found Flite, redished wheel myself to a reasonable standard, cheapo seatpost ordered to confirm size and get it rideable, bottom bracket on it's way. Think I've got a Pace bar on it's way depending on price. Just now need chain and cables :)

I'm aiming to get it all running for a ride on the 22nd Jan here http://www.meridabrassmonkeys.com/round3.html

Pual, looks good. What tyres have you fitted, they look pretty old school with the amber side walls? Rich...

Great thanks, I've got a 1994 Orange P7 which I've not ridden for 10 years. Maybe you'll just inspire me to get it off the garage wall and recommission it! :)

This is turning out great :cool:, pleased to see you are keeping it black, orange/white is great but predictable.
Did mine orange white but used the pattern of the later bikes to make it different, may still strip it and re-do it plain grey.

They ride very nice with the original skinny forks, very direct and precise but with just the right amount of springyness for comfort.

Back