Hope 2007 Mini Pro for Downhill and heavy guy?

big.eck":k40q5q98 said:
i wouldnt use anything less than 4 pots for dh with hope brakes , i'm not shy @ 19 stone and i found the 4 pots good and the 6ti's (which i use on my san andreas) do the job very well :cool:

i run 225mm discs f+r too ;)

Hmmm! Cheers

Well i have been offered 2011 hope team M4 green and black for £200.00 posted

May get them or try and get the black and gold as you can get pairs for around £80.00

Surely though you would only need 4 pot for the front and 2 pot rear?

ramstein-dh":18igo3vn said:
Hmmm! Cheers

Well i have been offered 2011 hope team M4 green and black for £200.00 posted

May get them or try and get the black and gold as you can get pairs for around £80.00

Surely though you would only need 4 pot for the front and 2 pot rear?

well i have nothing to say but good things about the ti6's , for me there perfect :cool:

i could use a m4 on the rear with a 203mm disc but why just have a cake ? i want to eat it too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

the team green ones are nice but they would'nt go with my orange paintwork :LOL:

Are you considering any brands other than hope? I know they have their fans and they're certainly well made but i've never been that impressed with any hopes i've used.

Don't get too caught up in 4 or 6 pot, I have formula megas on my cannondale, they're 2 pot and are hugely powerful, even in the alps. Same goes for formula The Ones, which are often considered amongst the most powerful out there.

If I had £200 to spend on a set of brakes it would go on formulas (megas or the ones, check their website for clearance deals). You'd also get saints for that budget. Failing that I got a set of avid code 5s off here for I think £85 posted. Even they are plenty powerful for anything short of full on dh racing.

Rumble":13s3s562 said:
Are you considering any brands other than hope? I know they have their fans and they're certainly well made but i've never been that impressed with any hopes i've used.

Don't get too caught up in 4 or 6 pot, I have formula megas on my cannondale, they're 2 pot and are hugely powerful, even in the alps. Same goes for formula The Ones, which are often considered amongst the most powerful out there.

If I had £200 to spend on a set of brakes it would go on formulas (megas or the ones, check their website for clearance deals). You'd also get saints for that budget. Failing that I got a set of avid code 5s off here for I think £85 posted. Even they are plenty powerful for anything short of full on dh racing.

Any brand other than Hayes , also i like hope as they are easy to bleed.
I almost had a set of Formula the one for £200.00 but they sold.

Thanks for the info , i would prefer mineral oil to be honest with you.
And was looking at the Older saint, or newer XT.
I think the most powerfull brakes i have used are the old XT 4 pot.

I don't weigh anything remotely near your weight and found Minis to be lacking on long downhills in Provence a couple of years ago, but that was with 180 front and 160 rear.

Moving up to 180 F&R with 4 pots helped a lot on the trip the year after.

I weigh in at 20 stone and only use 2 pot calipers and they are fine. I use 7" rotors front and back. That's on my XC/FR bike
Even on my DH bike (Giant ATX1 DH, not particulary light) I run Shimano SLX brakes and 8" rotors with no issues.

FST4RD":1ywl3h2t said:
I weigh in at 20 stone and only use 2 pot calipers and they are fine. I use 7" rotors front and back. That's on my XC/FR bike
Even on my DH bike (Giant ATX1 DH, not particulary light) I run Shimano SLX brakes and 8" rotors with no issues.

Splendid may go for the hope's then buddy

dirtydozen":3icjf5lp said:
i weigh 17stone and run slx on my tremour with 203mm F+B and the stop very well

I was just thinking back , i used to use Hayes 9 on my bighit when i weighted 17 stone and there crap they used to stop me on the spot.

May get the mini's

Back