GT RTS-1

stevet1":1eyryhvs said:
26554mba_3_94_gt_rts.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but I tought the Team came with a full XTR m900 group (except the wheels in this case). The STX version came with a Judy fork and a normal rearshock (without the piggybag). And the Team was not painted simply to reduce weight, the STX came in color...

But I could be wrong :?

I think the RTS-3 even came with Quadra 10. The Judy was the top of the line fork back in the day. That the above GT has no colour has nothing to do with weight saving. The others were anodized, thus no paint. 'Bal burnished' was considered special and cool back in the day. It even required an pretty huge upcharge on Zaskars for example.

I had a RTS 2 , the first year they came out , there was only 1 and 2 , and it had RS quadra . it was painted .

The RTS3 did indeed come with rockshox quadra's I used to have one, they came in a few colours too think it depended on the year though, mine was like a titanium silver paint on main frame and black on the rear triangle kitted out with stx, damn good bike. I know you could get one with a blue front end and yellow rear and a red one with a silver rear think they were the last models they did though and the spec was a little downgraded they weren't even using the rockshox towards the end.

I think in the end the RTS-3 had lowly RST forks on it but it was ball burnished all over, I have an RTS-3 frame im my shed.....nice but completely cracked around the bottom bracket area.....ouch!

The Noleen shock and all the other bits & bobs are still fine, luckily the BB shell never parted company with the frame :shock:

" patience is a virtue " :LOL:

THE FINISHING TOUCH :cool:

just acquired for the grand price of £7.02 ...........................

Attachments

• 10_1.jpg
    10_1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 2,562
Yes!! When the RTS came out, I wanted the RTS, but by the time I had the money the LTS was out, so I bought the LTS.
The RTS still 'rocks' (get it? LOL)

Slim, where d'you get the decals from? been searching and 'mailing for early gt decals but can't find anywhere...!

its a guy on e bay US sells all sorts of GT decals

will PM you his page , cant get it to post without my e bay id coming up

Back