Your most memorable retro related memory of 2011

First ride on my proflex 955 and the realisation that a 15 year old full suspension bike actually performs very well indeed

Keyesville:

1224286425_fYyTm-X3-1.jpg

Great time, great people.

best moment: finally buying a clockwork frame after years of wanting one but never being in the right place at the right time.

worst: the realisation that building the clockwork with all the nice shiny bits I want has put me about 3 x over my initial roughly estimated budget! (only pedals, fresh decals & a drop of powdercoat left... I hope!)

For me its between finding a Muddy Fox Streetfinder in a trash pile on a street corner with singlespeed kit, deore cranks and blackspire chainring, or finding my 92 Rocky Mountain Hammer complete minus wheels and bars in the local classifieds for only $35cdn and actually being the person who got it! Or maybe the best part was the Race Face Turbine IB's for again $35cdn!

Difficult to pinpoint exact moments, maybe gaining a glimpse of being classed as 'fit'. Riding the meets became a whole new experience culminating in the Peaks.

Most recent was smirking at the modern riders' looks as the Green Thing made its presence known.

Looking forward to making new ones in 2012.

Finally finishing my C26 build and winning BoTM again - thanks for your support!

5f5f945e.jpg

Highlight was Velomaniac turning up to the Big Dirty Weekender on the train with his bike in a hold-all. Everyone pitching in to build it up in record time so we could go on a suicide run down slippy Lakeland trails, in the rain, without lights, wearing jeans just in time to make last orders. The best tasting pint of the year. Big respect to Velo for the commitment it took to get to the Weekender!

3 Tribes and the Repack Anniversary rides were also highlights.

Worst memory has to be Thetford. 600 mile round trip with Sithlord rabbiting on about the weight of spokes and bottom brackets none stop was bad enough, but breaking down on the way home and limping back at 50mph was unbearable.

summer solstice ride has to be mentioned , never been so wet for a long time , the winter solstice night out was about 14 deg c
the summer one was 5 deg c
the october glentress nightride was a brilliant day night out

:cool: :cool: :cool:
DSCF8974-1.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Got to be Mayhem though - Bear Necessities, what a team! Actually had a taste of being fitish again too and although the last two months of being ill, preceded by more months of round the clock work, has put paid to that, it's given me the taste and I'll have it back for the Summer :twisted:

Back