FTW's Yeti Ultimate bike

Thanks guys.

Well it’s not quite the Ultimate Ultimate, but I guess it has a fair shout of being the ‘original’ Ultimate.

Contrary to popular belief, FTW’s personal Yeti Ultimate bike that recently sold in a charity auction on eBay, didn’t end up in Germany – it now resides in Cornwall England :D

IMHO, this is 'probably' one of the finest mountain bikes in the world, up there certainly with owning a Tomac race bike. FTW is a living legend and the Yeti Ultimate is an iconic bike. To own such a bike is truly humbling.

But that wasn't really the point. Anyone who saw the auction, and the sad story surrounding it, couldn't help but be moved. Yes it's an iconic bike, but the thing that struck me most was what a generous and kind act this was by Frank. It certainly inspired me to help in the small way that I could. I hope that this can make a positive difference to Frank's friends. It was a small gesture on my part but a truly generous thing that Frank did.

D

A few more pics.

Attachments

• new delivery 12.JPG
    new delivery 12.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,230
  • new delivery 11.JPG
    new delivery 11.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,230
  • new delivery 10.JPG
    new delivery 10.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,230
  • new delivery 9.JPG
    new delivery 9.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,230
What do you have planned for it? Keep it original and hang it on a wall? Give it a tune up and get it on the trails?

The plan is to keep it 95% original. I wasn't even planning on cleaning it.

But I do feel the bike deserves a pair of white Porcs, that's the only tweak I have planned. Frank rode white Porc's back in the day so it's a reasonable spec change. But other than that, I was going to leave everything as is - multitude of decals, scratched Onza bar ends, buggered bullseye bb bearings, tatty turbo saddle, mis-matched rims :D

It's a rider for sure, but in all honesty it won't get used a lot and not really in anger. I have a SB66 for that :D

Great score and God bless you for helping those people out, if I was in a better finacial situation, I would have loved to throw a big bid on that.

Cheers,
Steve

Glad this went to a good home, the fact its in Kernow is even better :D

Bloody expensive way to get yourself some white handle bars though ;)

Back