Ordinary boring Dave Yates Diabolo project

Well, I've had another look for the frame number and I'm still none the wiser, a combination of thick paint around the BB area doesn't seem to help. The picture below shows what I can see and even with the flash on it's a bit tricky! Maybe I'll give DY a shout sometime and confirm it, I can make out what seems to be a 'S' and a 7 but that's it...I'm happy enough knowing that's it's from around '91-'92 for the time being.

Just brakes to fit and I'm off out for some night-time antics :)

Attachments

• IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,361
matthew71":23zj2h9f said:
loverly,and far from boaring with tiop quality frame construction,hoe dose it ride ?

Well, I've only had a quick blast around the block so far as it happens..but first impressions are that it feels quick (alhtough I think that about all my bikes). Long top tube makes it feel nice and racy in a old school head down bum up kinda way. I'll hopefully have a better idea in the next few days.

I will have to try the brass rubbing thing by the way Rod although I can't help thinking it could be a Derek and Clive sketch which makes me a bit nervous.. Maybe I'll try a crayola crayon and tracing paper first.

Crap weather and equally lame camera means that I haven't been able to do any half-decent outdoor shots yet but here's some more of the finished bike..

Attachments

• IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,281
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,280
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,281
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,281
Interested to hear more on your thoughts on this one mate, how are you finding it...? i have the same and have been quite impressed so far... :cool:

sinnerman":3jnhbv2m said:
Interested to hear more on your thoughts on this one mate, how are you finding it...? i have the same and have been quite impressed so far... :cool:

I'm really enjoying it :)

Initially I thought it would be a bit too stretched out for me but in fact it fits nice - I clearly have a longer torso than I thought! It also seems to climb very well indeed and of course looks lush with the FB, especially the head tube junctions.I really need to take it out and put up more pics I reckon...

mynchiboy":2hcrcfli said:
sinnerman":2hcrcfli said:

I'm really enjoying it :)

Initially I thought it would be a bit too stretched out for me but in fact it fits nice - I clearly have a longer torso than I thought! It also seems to climb very well indeed and of course looks lush with the FB, especially the head tube junctions.I really need to take it out and put up more pics I reckon...

I was a bit worried i hadnt got my stem length right, but as it turned out, the DY fits like a glove where as the orange needed the stem and seatpost swopped out before i got it right. I am impressed with how it climbs and i really like the predictable steering from the fork too.

I certainly was quite impressed, and i agree would be good to get some more pics up, would be good to see.... :cool:

Back