Rojo's 1997 Kona Kilauea

Thank you soooooooooo much for your hard work with this, so very happy. With the tough time i am having at moment with family death, this is great news for me.

Nice to see the bike being rescued...

To be honest if I'd seen that I would have bought it myself. I'm after a 18" Kilauea - I would prefer a 1994 model as that's what I had BITD but they seem to be pretty rare so I may have to be flexible... :-(

Quick bit of work on the brake levers. Didn't have any Black paint left, so had a choice of Silver, White, Pink or a Light Blue. Went with the Silver, which is Minstral Grey for any Vauxhall boffins. Had this left over from a Corsa GSi I owned.

Will get some better pics in the daylight:

4c4be680.jpg

There was a set I have given them to Matt for all his help with this build for me. Sorry

Right, so the job's done and the bike is now packed up and ready to ship to Rojo on Tuesday.

It's been a good build and the end result has certainly turned out better than I thought when I first saw the bike in person. Only one rusty bolt got the better of me, which again is an achievement considered the condition of the bike originally.

Thanks to Rojo for giving me the opportunity to not only turn this bike around for him but also give something back to a RB member :)

As I'd mentioned earlier in the thread, I decided to repaint the brake levers as the corrosion really was letting the rest of the bike down.

Before:

84c9abec.jpg

After:

48a56fbb.jpg

Not bad for a quick job with some left over paint, in my opinion.

And the bike...

b3ddace5.jpg

1d11dd37.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Matt

Wow this looks stunning it really really does thank you so much for all your help with this. :D

How did you get the levers to look so nice??

Back