2011 Turkey Twizzler aftermath thread

Sounded a great ride that I missed as per usual, however not seen any evidence other than an IF in someones shed :?

Is this the most unphotographed Twizzler in history ????????????

Really enjoyed yesterday the trails were sweet and dry which after last year that was a major bonus, great to catch up with the usuals and always good to meet new faces.

A big thanks john and spence for the post ride party, the cakes were amazing, I think a flask of mulled wine is in order for the next one ;)

I was truely shocked at winning bikeoftheride there was so many stunning machines on display, a few of my favourites where the two kleins all the 80's bikes the moo cow above and charlies voodoo.
cheers for the nos everyready front and rear lights there awsome and should work a treat on the dawes.

I didnt get chance to take many pics just one of a minor snapped chain moment and the rest are all the gentleman steeds, see you all soon,
Lee.
weve lost drive cap'n
IMAG1805.jpg

lgf's stunning thingy
IMAG1807.jpg

mr k's andy powell
IMAG1806.jpg

mr k's bob jackson
IMAG1809.jpg

and my botr dawes cougar.
IMAG1808.jpg

RB-Cannock11_01.jpg

The 29 riders pause for a group photo.

RB-Cannock11_02.jpg

Retro rookie Mirek on borrowed and faulty equipment...

RB-Cannock11_03.jpg

...but not to worry because Mr Kawashonkybuild is on hand to fix it.

RB-Cannock11_04.jpg

Mr K discovers another loose bolt, this time on his own bike.

RB-Cannock11_05.jpg

Scowling modern rider in background.

RB-Cannock11_06.jpg

Pausing in the winter sunshine and the chilly wind

RB-Cannock11_07.jpg

The Retrobike holy trinity: Thumbies, cantis and skinwall tyres. Splatter paint job for an added bonus.

RB-Cannock11_08.jpg

The camouflaged log of doom caught out four riders in total. Old Ned was captured mid flight on his nose dive towards a close examination of the bracken.

RB-Cannock11_Apex.jpg

Gratuitous own bike shot.

special_144.png

Special.

Sounds like a cracking day out, shame that I was not able to take you all on some unscheduled off piste as in the last two editions as they were really well received.

Sadly, I was confined to the homestead, blanket round legs, clad in chunky knitwear, penning my memoirs, bon mots dripping from my pen like farmyard waste (working title of 'Edwards: The Man, The Legend. Volume 1').

But what with Crosby? Doonican? Pretenders to the crown, like Eric Breukink 20 years ago, flattering to deceive when it mattered. The knitwear cognoscenti are with, have always been with, the great, late Perry Como.

Knit one, pearl one

Ed

Really enjoyed the ride yesterday, weather and trails could not have been better for the middle of Winter. I really should find the time to ride Cannock more often as I only live just over half an hour away.

Thanks to everyone who did the organising, didn't get to sample the mince pies, etc as I had to make a quick get away at the end.

Oh, nice photo of me at the top of your post mrlee, my wife says it looks like I was having a wee!

another fab day out, Too many highlights to list all of them but…

I really enjoyed the train noises as the infamous man in orange cycled by and the Harrods mince pies, and Delboy Drystone Paul trying to flog my GT frame

Didn’t enjoy falling off twice though, especially when I feel the second time was largely avoidable had some kind soul shouted out watch out for the hidden log of near certain doom. I could not understand why so much interest was being paid to a relatively innocuous fern lined soft grassy descent by a huddle of expectant retrobikers. Being the third rider to go over the bars on the same hidden log, I did not disappoint the crowd, and it enabled Drystone to set his camera up for Old Ned’s arse over tit adventure to be captured.

Great banter once again, roll on February

Anyways some pics in no particular order

Charlieboy

Attachments

• cannock 1.jpg
    cannock 1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 2,027
  • cannock 2.jpg
    cannock 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,027
  • cannock 3.jpg
    cannock 3.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2,027
  • cannock 4.jpg
    cannock 4.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,027
a few more

Attachments

• cannock 5.jpg
    cannock 5.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 2,022
  • cannock 6.jpg
    cannock 6.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 2,022
  • cannock 7.jpg
    cannock 7.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,022
  • cannock 8.jpg
    cannock 8.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 2,022
and the awards,

Paul was really taken with the lights , Never have i seen a prize giver so reluctant to let go of the prize
and
Old Ned shows drystone where he can stick his fanny pack having not warned him about the log

Attachments

• cannock 13.jpg
    cannock 13.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,010
  • cannock 12.jpg
    cannock 12.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,010
  • cannock 10.jpg
    cannock 10.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,010
  • cannock 11.jpg
    cannock 11.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 2,010
and last but not least Wu for spirit of the ride for his 400 mile round trip :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Attachments

• cannock 14.jpg
    cannock 14.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 2,007
Back