National Series 2012 dates?

Wizard of OZ

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Even if it is just the dates so the diary can be booked, forms filled out, passes stamped, favors called, bits ordered, ect ect

national dates

you won't have to wait long now. just some t's to cross i's to dot...etc ;)

plenty in store for national and regional rides.

keep watching :cool:

Yep as Marc says, there's just a few details to finalise before everything is announced in early January.

I can reveal however that the first round will take place on Saturday 25th February in the Lake District.

So get it in your diary!

drystonepaul":1blj791g said:
Yep as Marc says, there's just a few details to finalise before everything is announced in early January.

I can reveal however that the first round will take place on Saturday 25th February in the Lake District.

So get it in your diary!

Damn, that's the half term week (end of the week for us here).

The earlier in Jan it's announced the better for us with kids.

For anyone wishing to look at booking accommodation for the Lake District National Series ride on the 25th February, the ride will start in Coniston.
Nice little village with a couple of camp sites, a youth hostel and plenty of B&Bs and pubs.

More details to follow.

drystonepaul":1rbm68w7 said:
For anyone wishing to look at booking accommodation for the Lake District National Series ride on the 25th February, the ride will start in Coniston.
Nice little village with a couple of camp sites, a youth hostel and plenty of B&Bs and pubs.

More details to follow.

Walna Scar Road??? pleasepleaseplease! :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

Campsite on the lake shore is blooming lovely, although I can clearly remember how cold the shower block was in November... :oops:
There's also a gorgeous little steam ferry over the lake to ride on Grizedale for about a pound! :LOL:

elPedro666":2e529ui7 said:
Walna Scar Road??? pleasepleaseplease! :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

Campsite on the lake shore is blooming lovely, although I can clearly remember how cold the shower block was in November... :oops:
There's also a gorgeous little steam ferry over the lake to ride on Grizedale for about a pound! :LOL:

No plans to take on Walna Scar on the main ride on Saturday. Might be tempted to tackle it on Sunday though if anyone is sticking around.

Bearing in mind it'll still be February, the route we'll be taking stays at fairly low levels and doesn't take in any high level passes or portages.
It's a great route though. A really great route.

The campsite is very nice, and there's a cafe in the village that does fantastic breakfasts.
We'll be starting the ride a short way from the village centre at the Bluebird Cafe next to the Coniston Ferry Landing on Lake Road.
Ample parking and good bacon butties.

oh I know a lovely place to stay there...

Might be a push to get there for the Friday night.
Sunday Ride would be easier for me to be there, hum.

I'd like to try this one. Any idea on mileage, route?

I'm not blooming camping in February in the Lakes. Hotel for me I think. :-D

Back