Ibis

Uncle Monty":2druo6g9 said:
If I see that Koski fork again I will let you know.

I picked up that particular Koski fork. It's destined for a restoration of an SS. Also, it's cantilever rather than u-brake and it has a very short steer tube which wouldn't have worked on a frame this size.

I was bidding on this frame as well. In the listing there was a photo of the frame before the repaint with a very nice grey-black fade. I thought I might of kept a copy of photo of it but I can't seem to find it. I'm glad to see someone here ended up with it. Since I already have an Ibis Custom from '85, I don't feel too bad about losing out. Below is a blurry phone pic of my Custom.

Attachments

• custom.jpg
    custom.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,373
That's nice - can I ask what size it is? It looks huge! If I was looking for an 80s Ibis I would go for a custom or an SS with nice paint. I have no idea how prolific a builder they were around '85. Kaisers' frame is the first I have seen in the UK other than the odd Avion.

Uncle Monty":3aqt5ijh said:
That's nice - can I ask what size it is? It looks huge! If I was looking for an 80s Ibis I would go for a custom or an SS with nice paint. I have no idea how prolific a builder they were around '85. Kaisers' frame is the first I have seen in the UK other than the odd Avion.

It's around 20", it's not close by so I can't take an exact measurement. The camera angle the photo was taken from probably exaggerates the size. I'm the second owner of this Custom. The original owner kept all the paperwork including measurements taken by Scot for the design of the frame. See below. The original owner is 6 ft about 1/2 an inch taller than me. Although the frame fit is a bit big, that seems to be the way it was intended to be. My Custom is actually in Canada, so I guess Kaiser's frame is still the first in the UK.

Attachments

• fit.jpg
    fit.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,347
timoshenko":35525alt said:
I was bidding on this frame as well. In the listing there was a photo of the frame before the repaint with a very nice grey-black fade. I thought I might of kept a copy of photo of it but I can't seem to find it.

ibis1987no321.jpg

timoshenko":35525alt said:
Since I already have an Ibis Custom from '85, I don't feel too bad about losing out. Below is a blurry phone pic of my Custom.

Can I ask for your frame number? Would be very interesting for me ...

Many thanks. Indeed a very old one...
btw I'm exactly 6 ft tall ;)
p.s. please change that saddle

custom_987.jpg

Thats very nice :D anymore pics?

The custom sheet is a cool addition.

I've managed to get some more bits and bobs for the build but the forks are quite elusive, nearly leaped at a few things but they are not exactly suited. This may take a while but I'm in no hurry. Will get some pics up soon.

I had a fork made by Teesdale for my Wicked. Nice ride, fillet brazed, easy to work with, and does custom whatever you'd like. He was a little slower than his estimate, but under two bills shipped.

Might be a good option until you source a Type II.

TT was high up my list of possibles. He would have been building so ther is a wee bit of provenance. What spec did you get y-N-y?

Back