pace rc100 finally finished.

the 8 speed cassette i ordered turned up today, the problem now is the 2 small cogs which screw on to the hub, the smallest cog sticks out too far so they are not flush with the nut on the spindle, does anyone know if you can remove the smallest cog, if so i can use the cassette.

Attachments

• IMG_4658.JPG
    IMG_4658.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,021
well i have finally got the rc100 to a rideable state, fitted the gear cables yesterday, the magura stuff turned up today, was a lot easier than i thought it would be to do the brakes, and they seem really good, not bad for 20 year old brakes, the xc pro pedals turned up today along with the right front qr, and a 8 speed powerflo cassette which isnt right for the freehub i have, if only i could locate a suntour qr seatpost binder.
so apart from the wheels this is finished,
if i can swap the freehubs round on the hubs i have, then i can get the wheels built and it will be complete, but i can honestly say this is the best bike i have ever built, although its left me rather skint, so my resolution for 2012 is to save my money and not blow it all on retro bike stuff.
although if a dolomite attitude turned up cheap enough that resolution will be straight out the window.
hopefully the wheels will be done soon, then lets see how it does in a b.o.t.m. comp.

Attachments

• IMG_4666.JPG
    IMG_4666.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 995
just took the hubs & rims to a bike shop and they will have them built up for me next week, they are even swapping over the free hubs.
nearly there.
just a quick question, how do you display hi res pictures in posts on retro bike ?

well the last day of 2011, and i finally managed to have a ride on the rc100 today, and it was fantastic, a real blast from the 90's, it did feel a little skittish to say the least, but this is something i will definitely get used to.
everything worked as it should, gears shifted really well, brakes were great. this will be used as it was intended. ok it may pick up some scuffs and paint chips in the future, but it would be a crime to lock this one away.
look forward to joining some retro rides in 2012.

Way too late in the day I know, but I only joined the other week. For stuck components don't bother with WD40, not really a penetrator, use Plusgas instead, way way better and saved me many times.

Nice build BTW, my ultimate frame that I shall only ever aspire to! :LOL: :(

fingers crossed, i'll get the wheels tomorrow, and i can finally get this bike finished. this has been a labour of love and devotion. i'm even thinking of putting the xc pro front mech on, ok its not as pretty as the xce front mech, but at least it will be full xc pro, bar the seat post clamp.
getting quite excited now. i may even enter bke of the month.

well i finally got the wheels back today, so when i got home i fitted the rim tape, tubes & tyres, then fitted the wheels to the rc100.
i even fitted the original xc pro front mech.
so i have finally finished my rc100, i now have the coolest bike on the planet. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_4698.JPG
    IMG_4698.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,269
  • IMG_4699.JPG
    IMG_4699.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_4694.JPG
    IMG_4694.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,270
more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_4702.JPG
    IMG_4702.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_4701.JPG
    IMG_4701.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_4700.JPG
    IMG_4700.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • IMG_4704.JPG
    IMG_4704.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,267
Perfect. 2012 will see my large RC100 re-finished.

What a way to join the Pace fold!

final build spec for the rc100.

Frame: rc 100 19" #0301.

Fork: rc30 531 legs.

Headset: capagnolo brev.
Stem: pace 1 piece steerer & stem.
Handlebar: original renthal.
Grips: grab on mtn 2.
Barends: n/a.

Brakes: magura hydrostop.
Brake Pads: magura.
Brake Cables: n/a
Cantilever cable hangers: n/a
Brake Levers: magura hydrostop 4 finger.

Shifters: suntour xc pro.
Front Derailleur: suntour xc pro.
Rear Derailleur: suntour xc pro.
Derailleur Cables: ?
Cassette: suntour powerflo 11 - 24. 7 speed.
Chain: kmc. 7 speed.
Cranks: bullseye.
Crank Bolts: n/a.
Chainrings: campagnolo brev. 26/36/46.
Chainring bolts: campagnolo brev.
Bottom Bracket: bullseye bearing.
Pedals: suntour xc pro.

Hub Skewers: suntour.
Rims: mavic m231.
Hubs: suntour xc pro.
Nipples: silver.
Spokes: silver.