Son you've got £800ish to spend on a full suss ideas please!

Hmmm not sure about the cube just doesn't look quite right! I'd rather go for something a bit older that had better componants too. What are peoples opinins on Marin. I've always thought them to be one of the best and I'm finding it hard to find something that pushes the same buttons!

My friend beavis has a 2010 Wolf Ridge (I think) and loves it. Got it in unused condition from ebay for not much more then your budget so you should be able to pick up similar no worries.

Worth checking online shops as well as there were some real Marin bargains about a few months back. Think Cycle Surgery had some?

Yeah I've seen a few on ebay around that age so just waiting for one to come up really...Is the Wolfridge/Attack trail much heavier than the Rift Zone/Mount Vision? Oh and the Orange 5 how does that compare? My mate has an Orange Patriot and to be honest its a bit of a tank!...

Giant Anthem or Trance X.
I'm seriously considering getting a Trance X4 myself, the new model can be found for around £1000 so it may stretch your budget but 2nd hand should bag you a better specced Trance.

The patriots are tank(y), and the 5's are a lighter version really.

I know of a new GT i drive elite 6 (in green, 2010 i think) that is currently £850 on sale. Would need posting to you though so that takes it over i guess.

Oh, 19'' frame.

Cube has been sold in our shop, only came in 10 days ago!

Good luck with your search for a new bike, hope you find what you're looking for

Never been much of a fan of giants although they do get good right ups....As for the GT I think they have gone "downhill" (in a bad way!) over the years. I used to have a GT performer BMX back in the day and have also had a 1991 GT Karakoram aswell...Unfortunately these days i see them as a Halfords brand, maybe unjustly but in the same vein as Carrera...

C'est la vie regarding the Cube, I'm sure its a good bike but I don't know enough about them...I guess having had 4 Marins over the years has brainwashed me!

Back