Ordinary boring Dave Yates Diabolo project

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hot on the heels of Russell's rather fine example I present my own Diabolo...This one has been sitting on the back burner for a while but having a little bit of free time has helped me finally piece the thing together. It's pretty much M735 XT due to my chronic lack of Suntour parts lying around (bar 2 sets of 7/8 speed of XC Pro thumbies that I'm hoarding), although it does have pace rings..At least the frame colour helps jazz it up a bit :)

Quick, silghtly blurry phone pic of the build so far below - hopefully I'll sneak back to work and finish it off tonight:

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,803
Anything but ordinary and boring - can't go wrong with a sweet frame and full XT IMO.

The frame looks like it is in really nice condition too :)

Rod_Saetan":c2bvu9pc said:
Good job Joe, what year is it?

Why thank you sir, I thought you may like this one! Apparently this is from September '91 although I'm going on past comments more than anything else. There seems to be a 4 digit frame number but I can't make it out...

nevadasmith":c2bvu9pc said:
Anything but ordinary and boring - can't go wrong with a sweet frame and full XT IMO.

The frame looks like it is in really nice condition too :)

Thanks chap. TBH the boring comment was a little bit tongue in cheek. I did think of adding purple ano bits at one point but quickly rejected the idea out of concern that I would look like somebody riding a cadbury's flake..

The frame is indeed in very nice shape bar the black repainting (I think) on the rear triangle.

contact yates and see if they still have the frame reference number for date etc

Dave Yates Cycles
Ivy House Farm
Hawthorn Hill
Coningsby
Lincoln
LN4 4UW

Tel. 01526 343322 (During opening hours only please)

Email: enquiries@daveyatesframes.co.uk

Mine is 1992, frame is 58**, they were quick to get back to me about the year.

You could go for a few highlights of neon too, although, actually, don't.

It unfortunately looks like we may be building very similar bikes, although mine will be suitable for a midget only.

Back