'93 saracen sahara elite

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know... Its Christmas eve! Should really be out having a few beers, but as I'm still seriously hung over from last nights session thought I'd stick my Saracen up here! :? :cool:

Back in 94 me and my brother had one of these a piece! Both were red and had Altus group sets! Not the best start but I loved the way it rode, and it looked great as well! Unfortunately these were stolen by some low life scumbags after a few weeks, which I was gutted about - as you would be!

Since getting into RB I always said to myself I would pick one up if one was for sale! Fortunately for me I picked this frame up off RB member crud, This makes me the fourth owner from the site!

9490c114.jpg

f4f1e160.jpg

09b92e31.jpg

b580b2bc.jpg

1d664776.jpg

ba9a36bb.jpg

I've always been a fan of British parts on mtb's so I have gone down the hope/pace/use/xlite and middleburn route, as you can tell from the pics I have a soft spot for purple parts as well!

I need to rebuild the rear wheel onto a campag rim, to fit a front mech and I'm planning to polish up those tired looking dx brake levers. I may swap these for some x lite chicken stix in the near future though! Got an x lite saddle on the way too!!

thanks to everyone who has answered my wanted ads!

Apologies for the iPhone pics, will Post some better ones when I get chance to!

Love it James, looking forward to seeing it progress.

Merry Christmas :xmas-wink:

pompeydave":1dqey4hv said:
Nice to see someone else is hungover :facepalm: Nice frame.Looking forward to the build.Good luck ;)

it was a monster let me tell you! :LOL:

chrisv40":1dqey4hv said:
Love it James, looking forward to seeing it progress.

Merry Christmas

thanks mate, hope u had a good one!

done a few jobs on the sahara! polished the brake levers, shortened the steerer tube, put a back tyre on (temporary until the new rim arrives!)

got the brakes set up as well, just waiting for a 93 lx front mech and the x lite saddle to finish off - cant wait to get out and give it a good ride!

SDC12484.jpg

SDC12489.jpg

SDC12493.jpg

SDC12498.jpg

SDC12500.jpg

SDC12502.jpg

Looking good James!
I like the purple on red and also like the British accents!
Defo get stix on it too!

Tc

cheers for the positive comments! :)

i'll be changing the levers for some chicken stix pretty soon! in the mean time, got a chain fitted:

33cd6114.jpg

d4cfe8df.jpg

this arrived in the post as well, been after one for a while! :cool:

ee596e1b.jpg

hope u all like them - more updates to follow!!!

PopsTrippin":3andbght said:
Dude where did you get that seat?? I gotta have one of those!!

Was looking for one for a while so I placed a wanted ad, and got a few replies! Gotta say its a beautiful saddle, im really happy with it!

A couple of updates, have fitted said saddle, a NOS deore LX front mech, a couple more purple bolts and some chainring bolts!

5221a016.jpg

a02f94bc.jpg

e4aff0fd.jpg

b2c11b85.jpg

also managed to have a quick spin round the block on it last night and it is great to ride!

next up is some purple crank bolts and of course, to change those blue brake pads! :?

Back