BSA Wayfarer turns orange Path Racer

It's a chrome crown that comes off. PC ers just needed to carry on as normal, bit of polish for the chrome and came out well.

She's still for sale ;)

I wasn't trying to correct you,sorry........more a matter of curiosity.

I worked in a bike shop in the 70's and saw a lot of Wayfarers and it was a sort of "bread and butter" bike. They sold well as they were pretty bombproof in construction and the Wayfarer blue looked good under the shop lights :D Looked less good on a typical rainy day in Hull LOL

When Raleigh took over BSA they dropped the crown fork extra's (cheap skates) and eventually the wayfarer had round chrome inserts in the top of the fork crown, presumably because they were cheaper than a cast lug :)

Cheers

Shaun

Dead Rats":1rxax98n said:
thought it sold on eBay?

Kind of, the bloke turned up and it didn't fit him, he paid my fees so that I could resell. He was really nice so let him off the pain

After that work kicked in and havent bothered as yet, will relist one day.

FWIW, I just converted my Wayfarer today!

No cost spent (was going to get the frame done in black but thought a test would be wise), I just swapped the bars and stem to see how it feels in faux Path Racer trim. Whipped off the chain/mudguards and fitted metal pedals to finish off 'the look'. Unfortunately I've had to fit a c.70mm longer reach stem as I'm a lanky sod and even with my Brooks saddle pushed right back (as ever!) the bike still felt too short. Was a very interesting test ride in the wet with gale force winds (not counting mine post xmas feeding)!

Looks pretty cool (SR Custom stem notwithstanding) but I'm likely to go back to old roadster position I think!

I think this is simply spot on! Love the brooks, suits it in that colour and a lovely end result, well done!!!

Back