Hello People noob here! Just a few questions

chipfatinasock

Retro Newbie
Hi people,
Just stumbled accross this site and thought what a pleasent sounding commu nity. Half these forums have peope getting stressed over noobie questions.

My questions are:
I have dug out of my garage a bike I bought off a kid about 15yrs ago.
Its a 'Skyway AT'?
Now from my age (30!) I do remember who Skyway were (I think they went bust didnt they?)
Any way. I wondered if it would be worth cleaning up and selling or just bin it?
Id expect it would be worth something so I checked on ebay. I only found one but he had powdercoated the frame to white. Surley this would devalue it? and you would have to take the stickers off.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

they are quite common but still worth a few quid...post a pic of it so we can be sure.

If you want to bin it, bin it my way!

Hey, thanx for all the help so far, heres a pic of the beast?!
She needs a real good bucket of water and some polish. I'm sure she should look better afterwards.
I did only fay £20 for her 15yrs ago so I cant complain.

Attachments

• DSC00885.jpg
    DSC00885.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 743
  • DSC00883-1.jpg
    DSC00883-1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 743
  • DSC00886-1.jpg
    DSC00886-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 743
yep, thats is defo a genuine Skyway TA, very nice bike.

If you want to trade it for any vintage mtb's let me know as I have a few but am more into my bmx. If not, you'll get a tidy sum on ebay for sure.

Cheers for thee info peeps. I really do appreciate it. One other question. Whats the NOS every item seems to have? Is it a ref to OEM? or purely a make. Sorry to sound dumb - you guys must get frustrated by such div'ness!

New Old Stock, Brand new kept in a cupboard for years type stuff, usually still in a box or packet - BNIB or BNIP.....

... you can search ebay for NOS BMX and loads will turn up for you to buy.

Back