1991 Rocky Mountain Experience

Also got these today thanks to Nevadasmith.

Surprisingly well made, very solid.

fe666ea0.jpg

Seatpost came today.

Just had a call from Urban Art Yard from whom I have ordered the Montana 94 spray paint (white, black and neon red). They are struggling to get hold of the neon red and black so I won't get it until the new year. Nice to get the call and I don't think I'll get round to the painting for a while so its not the end of the world. Ill probably build it up without the neon paint then remove the forks to spray them. This'll mean the new paint won't be damaged during the build so it's a positive really.

Thinking of painting the bars the same colour as the forks, but leave the stem black. Any objections? ;-)

Did a test fit of the 30.4mm seatpost. Blimey, it's a tight fit. :-/
Hopefully it's just the clamp area because it should be the right size.

OOOOOh an exciting day today.

Received in the post a package from the USA with a NOS Shimano Deore XT HP-M736 headset.

c573e9a9.jpg

I was the first person to break the Shimano tape holding the box closed!!

Ooooh it's sexy. You know you love it like this!

6f621b6e.jpg

I seem to have inadvertantly bought quite a bit of NOS stuff for this bike, and now I understand the draw of it. I haven't been able to afford the expensive parts as NOS but some of the cheaper ones, and it's a great feeling knowing that it's brand new.

Need cables, pedals, chain.

Also don't have the paint yet to spray the forks neon red. Bit of a delay getting the Montana 96 paint.

I also need about 6 hours spare to refinish the frame and put the decals on. Hopefully might get a bit of time around Christmas.

Parts together (minus wheels and bars on the way)

642fd852.jpg

Frame and forks together - looks really good. Ready for decal removal.

a87ee5d5.jpg

Back