The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Atkin":33ocavqu said:
The carbon Trek - you'd be miles better splitting that to get the most money if that's what you're after. Lots of individual parts on it that are valuable but you'd struggle to find a buyer for it all as a whole bike unless you sold it much cheaper than it's really worth (a flipper would snap it up and break it up for parts!!)

I'll buy it and split it if you need the money moodyman :)

I guess splitting is looking the most likely option :cry:

Don't have time to do that so might have to hold on to it for a while :roll:

I would hold on to it, realistically as a bike it could go between £300-£500 depending on who wants it and how badly if you go on the ebay route.

If your after a fixed price then you must have an idea in mind and you will soon find out wether it's too high if no offers come in

personally I would accept the fuller bike will be lower or accept the better money will be by breaking and getting the prices right for the sales

or hold onto it :LOL:

Sorry for the blunt title.

I want to sell my 1988 18inch Specialized Rockhopper Comp. I've had it a year and it's in good working condition. I just don't use it. It's currently sat gathering dust and that seems a bit of a shame.

XT Thumbies, XT Rear Mech, Biopace chainrings. I haven't a bloody clue how much it's worth and I'd rather not sell on eBay.

Can anyone give me a guide please?
efde517d.jpg

a4c02390.jpg

0221ceb9.jpg

aebe8d4c.jpg

6a830994.jpg

98fc1159.jpg

Thanks all.

I really like that 'Hopper'!
Mix of MT60 and M730 kit could be worth a bit if you split, but as a complete bike I'd say you'd sell it pretty quickly for around the ton mark.
Just my opinion though, and I'm certainly not making an offer :LOL:

makster":dx69klxx said:
I really like that 'Hopper'!
Mix of MT60 and M730 kit could be worth a bit if you split, but as a complete bike I'd say you'd sell it pretty quickly for around the ton mark.
Just my opinion though, and I'm certainly not making an offer :LOL:

Agree with this although not an expert.

I'm toying with selling my kona lava dome as it's too small for me even though I love it. I have a stumpy which needs some money spending on it and it could be an option to sell this:
DSC02340.jpg

Some of the bits I will probably keep for other builds but was wondering what you think would be realistic for the frame, headset (newish cane creek), P2 forks, seatpost clamp and seatpost (kooga). Frame has a few rough bits but no chain suck or dents just scratches from use.

funnily enough, I´m about to sell my 95 stumpy. if you feel like trading some bits for the frame/fork just let me know what you need!

cheers,

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back