2006 marin mount vision budget build

bert uk

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
,got the frame from ebay and only just received it!!(thanks yodel :x )its been resprayed and had intense stickers put on :? had most of the components already but had to buy wheels and cranks,nearly finished now,just need a bottom pull front mech and a couple of outers,lots of different year parts on here now,
shift
2001 bombers
v12 pedals
lx chainset
xt 8 spd rear mech
deore hubs
richey rims
98 xt shifters/levers
avid bb7 disc brakes 203/160

so happy xmas to me!! :LOL:

103_1026.jpg

103_1023.jpg

103_1024.jpg

103_1025.jpg
[/img]

Looks alright for a good blast out on. Something you can run as it is now and then upgrade in the future. Enjoy it!

haha!! cheers guys,i built it in about two hours,i have just bought the cables i need,and a front mech so it will be finished soon as i get some free time,so xmas will be ideal!!lock myself in the shed and get on with it!! :LOL:

superstu":1cfu8ftf said:
Can't beat some domestic animals in photos ;)
Looks like a fun bike, any photos of the complete bike?

hmmm yes,the bone cupboard is right above the bike,hence the interest when i get near it!! :LOL:

bert uk":1ktbzh22 said:
superstu":1ktbzh22 said:
Can't beat some domestic animals in photos ;)
Looks like a fun bike, any photos of the complete bike?

hmmm yes,the bone cupboard is right above the bike,hence the interest when i get near it!! :LOL:

I guessed they weren't Marin fans!!
Looking forward to seeing it built up :cool:

couple of pics here of the finished item!!had to get a new cassette cos of chain jump and also the stem is an adjustable one cos i had that feeling of going over the bars riding position,all ok now,was going out today but ive been ill today :cry: ,ah well one more day off work ,so i might have time to ride it tomorrow!! :D

103_1040-1.jpg

103_1038.jpg

Some parts I'd change, but good to build it up and go see what you like and dislike.

Shouldnt need a saddle that big with suspension though!

any feedback i get is most welcome,well seeing as i havent really tested it yet i cant really say what does and doesnt work,the saddle is quite big.a bonus for my old bones, :LOL: ill start plush and go from there,i need another chainset already,the one on there is too big,or chainrings,but itll do for now.cheers. :D

bert uk":3u7s3um9 said:
i need another chainset already,the one on there is too big,or chainrings
If you've changed the cassette I'd change the chainrings and chain to ensure everything wears together. An old chain will chew through the cassette.

Otherwise I'd agree, saddle isn't aesthetically the nicest but if you like it then that's all that matters. Not a fan of those adjustable stems, but if you now know that's the height and rise you want you should be able to find one similar for next to nothing.

I'd remove the stickers on the main frame and show off the paintwork. :D

Back