Surly Moonlander

the main reason is extra flotation..........wider rims and tires means it will ride over snow and sand and everything else better..........

so they have upped the rims to a massive 100mm wide and the tires to 4.7'' :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

its getting rave reviews in the USA and has proved itself in the harsh terrain of canada winter and the beaches of the world already.

its started a frenzy of larger rims and alterations as lots of folk upgrade there current fatbikes to fit the new larger surly tires.

moonlander6.jpg

Moonlander5.jpg

Moonlander4.jpg

Moonlander3.jpg

moonlander1-1.jpg

moonlander-1.jpg

m7-1.jpg

m6-1.jpg

m5-1.jpg

m4-1.jpg

m2-1.jpg

m1-1.jpg

i still cant get over how large the tires are, awsome :shock:

look forward to your bike getting to the uk and reading you ride reports ;)

have a good christmas

stubbsy :D

thanks ;)

i sort of forget its coming, always do when im waiting for something from the USA especially the first run batch of bikes.....theres always delays and 4 months is nothing :shock: :eek:

reckon the second batch wont be out until june so i count myself lucky i can play around on this one before others get theres.

The bike looks totally awesome in such a phat way :cool: :cool:

But I did have to have a little laugh about the fact, you have this massive fat beasty and you bought the most delicate lightweight carbon bottle cage imaginable :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

NAILTRAIL96":1ztcmzlx said:
It looks amazing but does it require any extra effort to ride?.

Flatbikes are heavy but everyone so far who has rode mine are surprised at how well they roll.

These bikes get used for endurance races across all sorts of terrain......

kermitgreenkona88":1ah1ol0k said:
The bike looks totally awesome in such a phat way :cool: :cool:

But I did have to have a little laugh about the fact, you have this massive fat beasty and you bought the most delicate lightweight carbon bottle cage imaginable :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I love the darker colour scheme with current surlys, so I bit of carbon goes well, doesnt make it any lighter in weight though :LOL:

Finally in the uk.....seems we're the last country to get them!!!

Anyways the shop gets its delivery tomorrow and I should get it at weekend maybe.....

thats great news mate ;) lots of photos and reviews to your usual high standard please

my black ops should be in as well.

cheers again for intruducing me to the fat thing, i havnt been this excited about a new bike for ages :roll:

stubbsy :D

Back