OVERBURYS.

I have no doubt that "The Master" will work his magic again....This thread should be seen by "all other halfs" as inspiration for next Xmas ;)
Ernie ;)

the_duke":3fddf67r said:
Yay! You are now an honorary Bristolian! :D

Any plans for it?

merry christmas mate,...finally got one, and in the right size too.... :D

Lot of plans,..... :cool:

To my surprise the wheels are using chrome spokes not stainless, so they will be stripped and rebuilt using some better quality double butted stainless spokes.

The flexstem .....unsure about this, keep it or not...?... :?
It would need to be refurbed, its pretty busted, so will need some new parts, or go with a suitable steel stem, which would be colour matched.

Strip and polish all the original shimano components, new bearings/cables/brake blocks etc... :D

Its gotta have a new saddle too...., given there own spec sheet, i think a Rolls is in order, for this build.... :cool:

ernie":14tnvhv7 said:
I have no doubt that "The Master" will work his magic again....This thread should be seen by "all other halfs" as inspiration for next Xmas ;)
Ernie ;)

thanks Ernie cant wait to get stuck in with this one... :xmas-cool:

Now that's my kind of Christmas present ! You jammy bugger , i'm sure it will look even more amazing after you tweaked it. :cool:

drystonepaul":mi2up6rh said:
oooh, Tioga Mud Dawg on the rear. Possibly the worst mud tyre ever made.

Nice present though.

Cheers mate, im not worrying about the old tyres, its all in hand.... :D :cool:

Attachments

• Pananracer Timbuk 2s.jpg
    Pananracer Timbuk 2s.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,521
Woody":1fg2fwlp said:
Now that's my kind of Christmas present ! You jammy bugger , i'm sure it will look even more amazing after you tweaked it. :cool:

thanks mate, im really looking forward to this one... :cool:

The bike came supplied with the original invoices from 1989, from Enid Powell.. :shock:

Attachments

• original invoice ..JPG
    original invoice ..JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,519
  • deposit receipt.JPG
    deposit receipt.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,519
Back