1987 Pennine

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'd forgotten how beautiful it is :cool:
There is an old thread kicking around with a couple of camera phone pics, but I thought I'd run a decent thread with proper pics. It deserves it.
I don't know the exact year of this bike; I'd guess late 80's/early 90's. If anyone can be any more specific please let me know.
It is Reynolds 753 tubing, and was a little rough round the edges when I got it. However, I still raced it as was for a couple of years before having it re-sprayed by custom frame builder Geoff Mindum in Suffolk. It was originally painted a creamy white with yellow decals, so despite changing to the current blue I ensured the new white Pennine decals are exact replicas of the originals.
The running components remain original to when I purchased it, being mainly Campagnolio to include the bottom bracket, seatpost and headset. The exception is Shimano 600 front and rear mech's and shifters. I have however replaced the bars and stem with Cinelli items, added a Flite saddle and upgraded the wheels to Campagnolio Vento.

Attachments

• DSCF3205.JPG
    DSCF3205.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 3,605
  • DSCF3204.JPG
    DSCF3204.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 3,602
  • DSCF3203.JPG
    DSCF3203.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 3,605
  • DSCF3202.JPG
    DSCF3202.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 3,606
MadCowKev":2lbyo63f said:
Is that the Pennine you were going to sell me? ;)

Yea :LOL:

Its now going to reside in my shed bolted to the turbo. I dont think I could bear to part with it now its come home! :oops:

I am not a taliban when it comes to building bikes , but you cant mix shimano and campagnolo . :LOL:

apart from that , it is really nice .

not sure about the aero wheels on a turbo trainer though ( joke ) . :LOL:

cchris2lou":1nxw1kgc said:
I am not a taliban when it comes to building bikes , but you cant mix shimano and campagnolo . :LOL:

I do agree with you on the Shimano/Campag mix, and I think if it was going to be used properly again I may have changed the mechs to campag.....but for now I'm just going to polish it and spin away on the turbo ;)

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3ism1saf said:
cchris2lou":3ism1saf said:

I do agree with you on the Shimano/Campag mix, and I think if it was going to be used properly again I may have changed the mechs to campag.....but for now I'm just going to polish it and spin away on the turbo ;)

Sorry guys you need to use Shimego !!

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3946

Whilst the 'purests' may wince at the Campy/Shimano mix, its always given silky smooth shifting and never been a problem to set up.

gaz857":3i8lp89q said:
what brakes are those? :?

The brakes are Campagnolo Delta; beautiful but very fiddly to set up. Where the cable slots into the top of the brake, you lift the rubber bit up and the front plate (with the Campag logo) lifts out to reveal the workings. They require a tiny Campag allen key to work on them.

I have had the Pennine about 12-13 years, and have only seen 1 other bike with these brakes :shock:

Back