1968 RIH project progress update

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Two days ago I posted a (bit dark) pic of my RIH with the 1st bits fitted. With a couple more bits fitted it really starts to look like a bike now.

6564275627_4130060224_b.jpg

6564273351_6fcb1a67d5_b.jpg

Most of the parts are donated by a small size RIH. Not all: the Stronglight Competition acier cranks and Titan post came from a crashed Germi.

The small size RIH was a couple years younger. Nuovo Record rear mech says Patent 71. Pretty much everything that came from this bike was from Campagnolo's Nuovo Record group, but the hubs are Normandy Luxe Competition examples. Nice hubs.

Many of the original parts of the red RIH couldn't be used anymore. After the bike was retired from racing it served as city bike and it had a tradiional Dutch bike cockpit fitted - to give an idea. Hence I decided to set pretty much everything from the small RIH over on the red one.

What to do: black cotton or blue cotton for the tape? There is blue in the headbadge, but black would be nice too. Hmm...

Thanks for your suggestions on the tape :) I am afraid white is not an option for me, as white cotton will look dirty within a blink of the eye. I have enough bike related stuff going on and I can't have having to replace my tape on a regular basis.

Seat: the small RIH came with an early Cinelli Unicanitor seat. It is a seat with a brown leather hide almost directly on top the plastic shell. For the extra classic/traditional appeal I tend to going for an also brown Brooks B17 Competion Narrow I have. With the Titan post and Stronglight cranks it is another part from the Germi...

Glimpse of the Titan post >>>

6564740171_84bf3dd556_z.jpg

This is the chromed steel issue.

Back