Raleigh Dynatech 755ti

devotional1993

Dirt Disciple
755ti bought in 93/94 off Paddy Peacock in Raleigh Ireland-sold 2 years later and rebought and rebadged in 2011. Its a 52cm
Love another as it puts a smile on my face and never cracked!

Attachments

• raleigh.jpg
    raleigh.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1,385
That is very nice!

You say you rebadged it in 2011. Is it 100% rebadged accurately, as original, or did you go for an own interpretation?

Thanks...Nice story behind it I bought it for 80euros at a petrol station. The lad that owned it had bought it from the shop I sold it to.When I owned it originally I stripped it down and put the parts onto a LeMond Gan glx frame and forks. The Raleigh ended up being buit up as a bit of a Triggers brush from the shop I sold it too with Shimano rsx 105 etc. The original had an ultegra groupset mavic open 4cd etc.

I got it rebadged as the transfers where a bit rough. Gil did a great job doing them up for me. They are very close to the originals. I then added some parts which look quite well on the bike now.
I would love a set of open 4cds in mint condition so will look around but also another bike or frame set would be nice too.

Attachments

• rsp.jpg
    rsp.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,342
triggers brush

This is the "triggers brush" bought for 80euro

Since this photo a new saddle,chainset,brake calipers,seat post,tyres,cassette chain and transfers where added.

The dog is an added extra though

Attachments

• tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,339
devotional1993":2jb656w5 said:
755ti bought in 93/94 off Paddy Peacock in Raleigh Ireland-sold 2 years later and rebought and rebadged in 2011. Its a 52cm
Love another as it puts a smile on my face and never cracked!

Paddy Peacock !!! What a fella !! I hope he's well.

52cm would be about right for Paddy.

For reference the decal on the top tube near the headset, is the Head tube decal we used instead of the "Heron", and the one below the Raleigh Special Products decal on the seat tube should not be there.

Anyhow what a crackin' machine. Good on you sir.

Thanks bikemeister2000

Well it wasnt actually Paddy's bike but we knew Paddy from a mutual contact who did the haulage for Raleigh Ireland so we where lucky enough to buy them at trade price direct. It was nice walking around the place and picking up a bike and yes Paddy was a really nice fella.
I had 4 Dynatechs in total down the years and despite the bad press about cracking and failures I never had an issue with them.
As for the head badge mine had and has the hereon badge although I remember some had the dynatech badge on them. I stuck one on the top tube to hide a slight mark there.
The photo is from the Ring of Kerry sportive this summer-the old steed getting 106miles in without a problem.

Attachments

• rok.jpg
    rok.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • rok.jpg
    rok.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,280
Glad you are enjoying the bike.
I've not done the Ring of Kerry, but had a great time once in the North when I took a team over for crits in Belfast, Lurgan and Derry. We won of course !
I got the chance to do a circuit from Warrenpoint to Kilkeel and back over via Hilltown. What a day.

I hope they where all on Raleighs so! I actually raced on this for 2 years myself before a LeMond gan took my fancy with more laid back angles.

devotional1993":hye9arqc said:
I hope they where all on Raleighs so! I actually raced on this for 2 years myself before a LeMond gan took my fancy with more laid back angles.

For sure, it was the Dyna-Tech racing Team. Rod Ellingworth and Glen Holmes were two of the riders. I can't recall which others I took. Our Pro-team went over too with Martin Early, Adrian Timmis and Barrie Clarke.

Forgot Martin Early raced for Raleigh on a mtb also? He must have had some stories from inside the peloton. Pity you didnt get Kelly on the team. Now there was a hard man for any conditions.
I always wanted a team Raleigh road bike or that stunning dynatech 800...
I should have got Paddy to get me one.

Back