1993-ish Coyote Easton Ultralite - minor update

Is it really as early as 93? It looks later - isn't that a minimal down tube gusset?

Yellow tyres is far too much yellow in my humble opinion. I always think respect the frame is a good principle to follow, don't let other things out-face the frame. It's an excellent frame.

LGF....In my humble opinion you are cooler than this........... :? (and this is ment as a compliment.)

sinnerman":3munejhv said:
LGF....In my humble opinion you are cooler than this........... :? (and this is ment as a compliment.)

I disagree regarding the coolness ;) but do agree that yellow tyres are a no no! :LOL:

even the gripshifts are a bit much, some Mavic Crossrides with the yellow hubs would look good though I reckon.

letmetalktomark":1djscdfd said:
sinnerman":1djscdfd said:

I disagree regarding the coolness ;) but do agree that yellow tyres are a no no! :LOL:

I did mean the tyres..........., way too BSO.

I used to have a Coyote with Easton Ultralite tubing that looked very similar to this but was green. Very light and a nimble climber but rather unforgiving on descents (the Marzocchi Z3 Lights up-front helped quite a bit though). Unfortunately it got nicked whilst I was living in London. Bah.

Do you (or does anyone else) know what model it is? I've never seen anything that looked like mine up until now so always presumed that I was the owner of some sort of prototype.

Here is a Christmas Eve build update:

I like MTB's and drops so I thought I'd pay a wee homage, just a wee nod mind, dont take it as some sort of imitation to the you-know-what below...

Phelan.jpg

Jagwire bar-end shifter mounts are very nice and a lot lighter than Shimano's. A set of near mint 600 d/t levers take care of the shifting with some Deore LX for the rest.

Some NOS Dia Compe 986 went into the mix along with some cycle jumble Dia-Compe aero levers.

A dead Peugeot roadbike donated the Phillipe bars along with the usual ebay trawl for stem, bargain alu aheadset and bar tape.

Seatpost is too layback (and modern!) so it will disappear to be replaced by, er, another seatpost. Might stick my one and only Brooks on there instead of the 50p car-boot Ritchey.

Attachments

• Ultralite.jpg
    Ultralite.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,034
Back