da FUNK phenomenon

I would try grinding the tab on the XTR front mech down. It doesn't look like it is NOS, so if it doesn't work, you can always get another one?

it ain't NOS, but it ain't that shabby either for me to consider hacking away at a perfectly good condition part. :oops:

i'll leave that option as a last resort after i've completed the build. if i feel it would finish the project nicely, i'll consider doing it.

RockiMtn":2amyly3o said:
it ain't NOS, but it ain't that shabby either for me to consider hacking away at a perfectly good condition part. :oops:

i'll leave that option as a last resort after i've completed the build. if i feel it would finish the project nicely, i'll consider doing it.

What model is the XTR mech? I will see if I have an extra one for you to experiment on. :)

it's an XTR M900. I'm on the fence on kitting the bike with that or older XT M730-735 stuff.

Hello,
this is my FUNK as i bought it. The pre-owner (also the first owner) told me that he bought it years ago polished. Then he sold it to a friend, he powdercoated it blue. Then the pre-owner bought it back and make a new polish, but not so good. Years later i bought it from him in this condition:

A lot of work and hours later:

The frontmech at mine has a small roll on the backside of the bottombracket, the was only a threadet hole, not so good. We have reinforced it with a threadet rivet:

I hope you will bring back yours to a good condition :D

Greets and good luck Franky

so shiny!!! :shock: wow fantastic job!!! do you have any pics of the complete bike?

and what are those bearings and collars/spacers for in your past picture?

Only this pics, i'm waiting for a better fork ;)

The bearings and collars/spacers are repros for the frontmech, like on my Funk ;)

Latest posts

Back