Slow 1970's Bob Jackson rebuild

I would give it a light T-Cut to clean it and then touch-up with Humbrol modelling enamels or even a shade of nail varnish. A good wax after and it should be good to roll. The paintwork doesn't look to bad after all this time (I've seen a lot worse!) and keeping the original finish and patina is much better and satisfying than a full repaint.

I reckon Kevin would love to see it and check it over. It's how you would get it to him that might be the problem. He may be going to the Manchester Velodrome Jumble on the 15th Jan.

I was under the impression he still worked for Woodrup ? I was just thinking about slotting it in a bike box :D

The bottom bracket needs servicing and I don't have any major tools for that, also I ran it with an EDCO alloy headset which I never liked the look of (it was light though) so might swap it for a campag set.

Thanks for the tips about the paint, I've got some Swissol / Swissvax paint restorer which might be a bit more gentle than t-cut.

I will await a reply to my e-mail :)

Thanks

Shaun

Hi Old Ned

http://www.woodrupcycles.com/team.html

Posting the pic of the gent who built my frame back in 1975 as it's in the public domain :)

Looks like I have a frame built by a master craftsman :)

In light of the above I have decided to try and (hopefully) use all the bits it had attached to it in the mid 70's when I raced it :)

Shaun

Jonny69

I think I know what you mean.......

I hopped into my Alu / Carbon 2010 Basso today and it doesn't seem to have a life of it's own. I bought the Basso because of the quality of constuction. I'll see what turns out from the rebuild :)

Shaun

Back