pace rc100 finally finished.

I like the bar ends as well.

As much as this site is in denial the fact is that we all ran them back in the day.

just fitted the cable guides using "serious glue"
after an hour they seem firmly fixed to the frame, should be fully cured in 24 hours. a good compromise i think.
if anyone would like the old guides let me know,
only to rc100 owners though.

Attachments

• IMG_4655.JPG
    IMG_4655.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,191
  • IMG_4654.JPG
    IMG_4654.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,191
  • IMG_4653.JPG
    IMG_4653.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,191
  • IMG_4652.JPG
    IMG_4652.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,190
The name of the glue is great, much more surly than the camper 'super' glue I've heard of, but bonds nothing but fingers together.

Your bike is looking mighty fine too. I was tempted to buy this when it was up for sale but a lack of space meant I bailed. After this and another one I missed out on I bought a pace in the summer, but I'll not have put as much work in as you to get it into tip top shape.

Cracking bike gromit!

cable guides are a nice compromise, is that glue any good btw?

Just a thought are the old rivet holes big enough for water/crud to get in? Might they need a stopper?

the glue is great, the cable guides are solid as a rock.
i'll have to think of something to plug the old rivet holes with.
just waiting for the brake lines and service kit.
been itching to ride this for weeks now.

Coming along nicely.

I spotted these rivet-on hose guides on the Ceeway site the other day and wondered if they might be useful to Pace restorers:

rivethydraulicstop.jpg

http://www.ceeway.com/what.htm

Obviously not quite original, and I don't know whether the hole dimensions are correct, but Ceeway could tell you.

You do know that you have probably found the perfect replacement*; after the poor lad has GLUED his cable guides on. Always the way.
;)

* I'm sure these guides are much more rubbisher than the ones you've glued on, wrong size, wrong colour, holes too big/in wrong place, made of wrong sort of cheese etc

Back