Funk Pro Comp NOS NEW PROJECT 3DV BUILD

thesneaker":3kxqjoln said:
Main problem now is the forks, even though they are NOS, the elastomers are shot, my mate has them soaking so he can pull them out in 1 piece to get the sizes rather than having a pile of dust come out!

Yikes. I had that happen to me on some original Manitous. Not fun.

thesneaker":2gfwkrou said:
Rob Atkin":2gfwkrou said:
thesneaker":2gfwkrou said:
LeeDevelopment":2gfwkrou said:
The Kooka's may look the dogs gonads but be very wary of them snapping, personally I'd be looking at running the CBR cranks instead. Unless this is going to be a garage queen?

Its going to be a rider, but only road, i'm warming towards the Kooka's the more i look at them, but i'm sure i can find a good home for the CBR's...

:shock: :(

Buy a road bike instead? ;)

:LOL: already got one, but reading about the Funk fork stanchion failures the road is a safer option ;)

Hi..I've used mine off road since new (1994) - Alright I do check them now and again but they've been hammered and still work perfectly. Travel on them is very limited though. Will be taking mine apart again soon if you need to know the elastomer lengths.

Antstark":3b83dzro said:
Hi..I've used mine off road since new (1994) - Alright I do check them now and again but they've been hammered and still work perfectly. Travel on them is very limited though. Will be taking mine apart again soon if you need to know the elastomer lengths.

Thanks, that would be very helpful :D

just got the Moonhead perches back from the Anodisers for the 2nd time :roll:

!st place did a real bad job so went else where who have get them as i wanted :D

Attachments

• DSC03773.JPG
    DSC03773.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 736
thesneaker":31d6wzyo said:
just got the Moonhead perches back from the Anodisers for the 2nd time :roll:

!st place did a real bad job so went else where who have get them as i wanted :D

That looks really top notch. Mind sharing who did the work? (and who did it the first time so badly so we can avoid them!!)

i hate to name and shame as the guy was bigged up on the forum, i have pictures of the 1st effort below so you guys can be the judge.

The top notch work was done by www.customcolour.co.uk

and cost £20.

Attachments

• DSC03667.JPG
    DSC03667.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 727
Back