ibis TI

I'm really not sure about the anodized bits and pieces. But this is really damn nice. ;) Definitely need to put it on the BOTM contest!!!

mike_eb":2iyxhhx8 said:
The only thing I would suggest is getting a W.I eno eccentric on there to clean up the looks at the back.

I'd recommend running the chain over the Surly pulley for a shorter chain and better chain wrap. Only takes five minutes to change the spring and a cone wrench to adjust. Otherwise cool build.

I also have a ti Mojo frame except mine doesn't have a handjob so probably a '98. Still waiting on parts to build her up.

Damn dude!!!
Suuuuuhh weeeet bike.
MRC D cells on the front too?
What is the brake cable straddle thing?

The listing of the parts :
-Seatpost and bar from USE. I didn't wanted to make a full titanium bike. I ever got other full ti bikes like a kona heihei and I wanted to built that ibis differently. And carbon fiber parts are beautifull with titanium
-Wheels are made around rare Phil Wood titanium hub. And I prefer to use a chain tensioner, it's a more soft pedaling. The freewheel is an old 20t from "Atom"
-Brakes are controltech. The bizarroïd cable hanger are specific and hold the spring of the calipers.
-anodized parts : I didn't want to make another blak-silver-titanium. It's boring :D. I wanted to built a funny bike and I think, I would swap the black decals for original purple ones. But still not avaible in "ChuckIbis"
-The fork: I think it was mad by litespeed, but the first litespeed were 1", the weldjob was horrible and the end of legs were in aluminium. This is really the same design, segmented and bent. But the welds are better and the end of legs are titanium made. Perhaps it was made for Marin

In project : finding a separate handjob for making a front cable hanger.

:shock: LUSH!!! Would love a set of those forks and cranks. Did the forks come with the frame or you sourced that separately. Glad this is the one that broke your promise on "no more bikes" ;)

Octsoc… was that one of your retro that you cleared out??? :?

Latest posts

Back